Muddy dog paw solutions from other dog owners please? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Wont be long now until me and my two start MHing.
Other than trying to towel dry them after a muddy walk (which doesnt really work), what other tips do others have for getting the worst off before they come inside please?

I have a huge square planter tray (almost a 1m x 1m) and i was thinking of using it as a paw wash to get the worst off. Interior is wood flooring and leather so can be wiped clean afterwards.
What do others do?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Another vote for Mud Daddy. I also have a cup with silicone bristles inside to which you just add water and shampoo if so desired. Just ‘plunge’ each foot in the cup, swirl it round and you will be amazed how much muck you shift. Takes up very little room and my preferred option if only the feet need doing.
1B2D612A-3181-4426-A8A3-5E79D3117D5A.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
Aquasorb dog towel from Amazon is really good for drying wet muddy paws. It costs less than £10. Use it, rinse it out in water and store in its plastic container to keep it moist. Fab invention, feels like it shouldn't work but it does!
how i loathe Amazon! Type in what you want ("aquasorb" dog towel) and it shows you everything except the thing you actually searched for (preferring instead to push its own products first) :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have the Karcher portable pressure washer and purchased their specific cone jet attachment that produces a gentle shower stream, perfect for washing our 30kg Dalmatian off after a muddy walk. Fortunately, being shorthaired, he's very easy to dry off.

We've used ours a few times on pooch mode and it works well, leaves the dogs less wet than soaking them and uses hardly any water. Think ours is called an OC3 (Karcher)

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 76-4T
Exp
Since 2020
Wont be long now until me and my two start MHing.
Other than trying to towel dry them after a muddy walk (which doesnt really work), what other tips do others have for getting the worst off before they come inside please?

I have a huge square planter tray (almost a 1m x 1m) and i was thinking of using it as a paw wash to get the worst off. Interior is wood flooring and leather so can be wiped clean afterwards.
What do others do?

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 76-4T
Exp
Since 2020
Get an external shower point fitted best investment ever for two dogs and human muddy /Sandy feet

Attachments

• A6076D58-0519-4316-8139-1DB4551C4C06.jpeg
    A6076D58-0519-4316-8139-1DB4551C4C06.jpeg
    522.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Trade in your dog for a canary. Very little mess,and if you go down a mine they really come into their own. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::rofl: Sorry, must be the gin.Hic.

Seriously,we’ve found the outside shower very useful,but in the absence of such a thing a bucket or two would do the same job.

Upvote 0

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We have a Springer who could get wet & muddy in the Sahara! We use microfibre towels & dry her off before she comes in, or at the door. Then we keep her in her basket for a while until she dries off! Also put up with it to an extent (she always wants to sit on me when she’s still damp!) 😀

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Whats wrong with a garden pump up sprayer at about a tenner from Wikos
some very fancy and expensive
pumps and electric washers in use here for a dogs paw

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2020
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2018
We bought one of these for our golden retreiver but use it for lots of other purposes

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2018
Inverness, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 740/1F
I use a 5 litre garden pressure sprayer that you manually pump up to get a fine spray of water. That gets the worst of the mud off his paws, legs and underside, then I wipe his legs & paws with a towel and put a home made dog-housecoat on him, to stop him from shaking inside the motorhome until he's dried off. I made it from made from half an old towel and some webbing to tie under his tummy - works a treat!.P1020407.JPG

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our Westie gets very sensitive about anyone messing with his paws so a paw cleaner is out. We just put an old bath towel over one of the bench seats and he jumps straight onto it for a clean/dry (just an excuse for a cuddle really!). We've taken the carpet up and have a couple of those mudbuster doormats as throw mats.
But he's not a typical Westie, rarely gets muddy just wet!

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Deleted User
I use a 5 litre garden pressure sprayer that you manually pump up to get a fine spray of water. That gets the worst of the mud off his paws, legs and underside, then I wipe his legs & paws with a towel and put a home made dog-housecoat on him, to stop him from shaking inside the motorhome until he's dried off. I made it from made from half an old towel and some webbing to tie under his tummy - works a treat!.View attachment 522465
i just gave my sprayer away (and my pressure washer!) to save space and weight, maybe ill need to ask for it back!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back