MOVING HOUSE (1 Viewer)

Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
We were in the process of moving house just as the restrictions started. We have a buyer confirmed and an offer accepted on our new house.All was going smoothly and completion date was being arranged by the solicitors. So all was put on hold.Now things are starting to move forward and a date to move should be agreed next week, but not sure how many weeks ahead to suggest.
The worry is the social distancing and will our neighbours appreciate new people moving in .
Is any funsters in the same position and what are their plans.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We're in the same position had accepted an offer and new build deposit paid. We know from a few weeks ago our buyer was still keen but it has 4 in the chain with a first time buyer at the rear. We are not pushing anything at the moment as we are moving to Scotland which is closed. We were moving into our static until new build completed but that is shut as well and no building sites open up there.
Another couple from our village moved yesterday down to the Midlands, neighbours seem ok about someone moving in. If you can, move soon as there might be another lockdown.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I moved house on May 6th.
Problems I encountered:
1. Solicitors would only exchange and complete on same day. Their argument was that if one of us in the chain of 3 became ill/ died of Covid between exchange and completion, no one woul d be able to complete.
2. Exchange and completion on same day caused a delay for me ( middle of the three) getting the keys. Stuck outside the house for almost 2 hours with a removal van and men talking about waiting time payment at an extortionate rate. As the house was empty I climbed on my garden table, unbolted the garden gate and told them to start moving stuff into the garden. We’d managed to move all the small stuff close to the patio doors into the house before the keys arrived.
I think some of the delay was due to my buyers solicitor leaving paperwork to the last minute ( all conveyancing was done online for all 3 transactions) and not starting money transfers early enough in the day.

They were the only problems really. My neighbours here and house I left were not worried about me moving out or people moving in. However I have been told that the couple who bought my house haven’t been able to move in as their furniture is in storage ( they sold just before lockdown and moved in with a relative) and no one can let them in to remove it all.

Getting a removal van wasn’t difficult. I had quotes from 3 who were prepared to work. I kept away from them as much as I could.
Could luck with the move. It was quite stressful but I realised I’d not done a time crucial “sell this, buy another same day“ move since 1977, so had forgotten what it was like and there is only me to arrange everything, pack everything. Bought a lot in between 77 and now but always been in motorhome, rented or staying with someone in between the sale and purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mart
Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
I moved house on May 6th.
Problems I encountered:
1. Solicitors would only exchange and complete on same day. Their argument was that if one of us in the chain of 3 became ill/ died of Covid between exchange and completion, no one woul d be able to complete.
2. Exchange and completion on same day caused a delay for me ( middle of the three) getting the keys. Stuck outside the house for almost 2 hours with a removal van and men talking about waiting time payment at an extortionate rate. As the house was empty I climbed on my garden table, unbolted the garden gate and told them to start moving stuff into the garden. We’d managed to move all the small stuff close to the patio doors into the house before the keys arrived.
I think some of the delay was due to my buyers solicitor leaving paperwork to the last minute ( all conveyancing was done online for all 3 transactions) and not starting money transfers early enough in the day.

They were the only problems really. My neighbours here and house I left were not worried about me moving out or people moving in. However I have been told that the couple who bought my house haven’t been able to move in as their furniture is in storage ( they sold just before lockdown and moved in with a relative) and no one can let them in to remove it all.

Getting a removal van wasn’t difficult. I had quotes from 3 who were prepared to work. I kept away from them as much as I could.
Could luck with the move. It was quite stressful but I realised I’d not done a time crucial “sell this, buy another same day“ move since 1977, so had forgotten what it was like and there is only me to arrange everything, pack everything. Bought a lot in between 77 and now but always been in motorhome, rented or staying with someone in between the sale and purchase.
We were going to put everything in storage and live in the motorhome for a couple of months, thankfully we did not .

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
we were in the process of selling and agreed with a buyer prior to lockdown . Had a call from our solicitor on Wednesday to say would a completion date Of 29th May be ok , you bet . Only problem the buyers wanted the Koi fish removed from the pond so spent yesterday fishing and caught and transferred 21 biggest 18 pounds.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our neighbour got a sale agreed before lockdown but then got caught in limbo as wasn't able to complete and move however it all went through last week so he used a hire van only having to do a few trips as fortunately the buyers wanted most of the furniture which was purchased specifically for his home so not easy to use elsewhere. The buyers moved in this week with a van they bought for the purpose which has already been 'earmarked' for use by several friends who are also wanting to move but can't get a removal firm!

May 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2014
I'm in the process of moving. Was caught by the lockdown and am now in the processes of 'retrospective planning'. Sometime in the next month It will all be sorted and I'll be able to move into my van for the next year or two or....

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
My lad's flat was supposed to be at the exchange contracts stage when Covid kicked in.... He found out today that the miserable f******* have pulled out. They are both in good jobs and not furloughed but they've decided they want a detached house... If they can find one on the budget they have I'll have one too

So bloody annoying as the bills for the solicitor etc. are still owing

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We've been in touch with our buyer and they're still keen but hold up seems to be searches from their buyer and no one available during lockdown. It's a 4 house chain and bottom of chain first time buyers.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
My lad's flat was supposed to be at the exchange contracts stage when Covid kicked in.... He found out today that the miserable f******* have pulled out. They are both in good jobs and not furloughed but they've decided they want a detached house... If they can find one on the budget they have I'll have one too

So bloody annoying as the bills for the solicitor etc. are still owing
i would assume they are expecting a drop in the price of houses over the next year i cant see it my self

Monty don

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Since 2000
Two things affect house prices in a down would way

Unemployment and affordabilty

Both going forward are going to affected it big time