OP
Marvic
Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Barcelona has long been fed up with the 32million + tourists. Introduced more anti-tourism laws this year.
Have to agree about the Italians even where I lve on the autovia they travel at high speed & nose to tail
Send. There here to Blackpool we need the money or SKEGNESS. LIKE THE OLD DAYS:pray:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Beautiful place Applecross and the road to it up the bealach na ba (pass of the cattle) is one of the best roads in Scotland
Sadly I dont think my new van will be able to get up it, the hairpin bends near the top aren't the most friendly to a 28ft tag I suspect
I didn't do the hairpin bends, I took the route along the coastline.

Great road, well maintained and lots of places to pass if needs be, well worth it. The large trucks use it all the time, I saw an 8 wheeler tanker pull in at Applecross and fill up their base tank, so if he can make it, so can you, easy peasy:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Most seem to have twigged to the idea that you pull into a passing place to let vehicles coming in the opposite direction come past.

Not so many seem to have twigged to the idea of pulling in to let the vehicle that has just caught up from behind come past.

I used to work & travel in the Lake District for a living 30 years ago. The locals in the Western Highlands have my sympathy, particularly those who aren't in the tourist industry. I confess to having been part of the problem in the Western Highlands myself, but I did try & minimise my effect on other road users as far as was possible.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Not so many seem to have twigged to the idea of pulling in to let the vehicle that has just caught up from behind come past.
Oh how true! We have a very scenic 9.5 mile single track road to the village and it can be just a little frustrating at times...
Most seem to have twigged to the idea that you pull into a passing place to let vehicles coming in the opposite direction come past.
And a good few don't realise that you pull in on your OWN side of the road WHICHEVER side the pull-in is.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Now , if you have a hgv ( logging truck ) ? coming towards you then you pull in on the right on a single track . The space his side is not long enough for hgv ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Now , if you have a hgv ( logging truck ) ? coming towards you then you pull in on the right on a single track . The space his side is not long enough for hgv ?
Common sense always applies.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back