Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just a snippet of information that is not yet in the public domain
from the Vehicle Testing Station Council. If you have not heard of them,

The VTS council members represent a cross-section of the MOT industry, and are used as a sounding board by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get feedback about issues which effect the MOT scheme and test.

MoT amnesty extensions
I did warn folk about trying to take advantage of this dream offer and its possible pitfalls, it appears its going to work like this

The legislation had to be quickly agreed and will take effect from Monday 30th – hence why the exemption starts there.

From Friday (approximately) the MOT Testing Service will automatically add 6 months to any test that expires on Monday 30th

Then the same will happen for MOTs expiring on Tuesday 31st and so on.

This will continue until we are running approx. 7 days ahead – from then on it is a rolling extension i.e. Approx 7 days prior to the MOT expiring the 6 months will be added on – so a vehicle with an MOT expiring on 30th April 2020 will not see the added six months next week or week after, it will be added approximately on 23rd April – IF we are still in this situation.

Doing it this way allows us to switch it off as son as the crisis is over – so it is NOT a blanket 6 months for the next 6 months worth of vehicles!!

Customers can still get their MOTs if they need to and we will be able to do them – the MOT Testing Service will be running and we will be here.
Looking forward lets assume things all go well and the extensions are canceled say June or July those with 8 days MoT left at the time of suspension will not get any extension leaving you with only a week to get a test done

I personally think a months notice would have been a better solution and effectively kept the system in sync
As with everything in these trying times things are always subject to change When I know You will

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
thats good, a lot of vehicles are bad enough after 12 months dread to think what they would be like after 18

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Geo Normally just before an MOT I take the MH for a motorway run on the assumption that this will prevent any fails due to high emissions. Our MH a 14 plate Ford Transit has always shown emission figures well within the limits.

Our MOT station is within 1 mile. Would you think that taking it for an MOT after it had been standing unused for 3 weeks would be likely to affect the emission figures in a bad way ? Other than that it is, I think, in tip top condition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
WE have and use a product called FORTE fuel treatment that i can vouch for and recommend
Only normally available from Garages.
If you do buy from e bay make sure the bottles are correctly foil sealed.
There are similar products available on the market, run it up with the product in the fuel tank the day before and again the day of the test
get it up to normal temp each time then take to MoT station
You should have no problems

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
I tried getting my MOT earlier this week because it ran out today, couldn't find a garage that was open and doing MOT's. This scheme, as you say runs from the 30th!! so what am I to do!? I think I just as well put the van on SORN and worry about the MOT when this all blows over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back