LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
I've been after a maxxfan deluxe for a while and have noticed recently that they must be getting hard to hold off as quite a few stockist are listing them out of stock and ebay sellers are listing them at stupid prices to keep the listings active but no one will buy.

So when one becomes available at only £299 buy it now on ebay but the seller is brand new, just joined, alarm bells started ringing, but, hey, every ebay user started as a newbie I give them the benefit of the doubt, and anyways, I'd be covered by PayPal.

Long story short, it was a scam, I rang eBay and they returned my money, and it hadn't come out of my account as I'd paid on 4 months % finance as offered by PayPal so it was just charged to my PayPal account only.

So I keep looking, and low & behold, another new seller has just listed a maxxfan deluxe for buy it now, £299, oh, and their second item is an oil painting of your pet for £3, exactly the same as the first listing - I knew this was another scam, so hit the buy it now, but didn't pay this time, and 2 days later ebay cancel the transaction as they have concerns about the seller and I don't have to continue with the transaction.

So, seeing a pattern developing here, I've since bought 7 maxxfan deluxe's, all with the same mo as the first 2, so hopefully I'd like to think that the scammer might get the hint, and hopefully I'm protecting other ebay user's from being scammed too.

Anyway, I hope it's proper scammer and not someone trying to sell their surplus maxxfan - although I've never had any contact from any of the sellers so far.......

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Also been after one and noticed they were out of stock at the likes of Roadpro and Rhinoinstalls. I want it fitted. Wondered how they were still available on eBay etc. They’re American so shouldn’t be affected by brexit. A friend has just had two fitted in Germany so hopefully they’ll get here soon

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I got one a couple of weeks ago wile eBay had a 20% off voucher it was £350 and I got it for £300 and it arrived a few days later I also got a maxi cover with led lights also £75 for that.
7D256BE8-1719-4BD3-AD20-D59AED0F2FB8.jpeg
D89F1C97-9575-4B1F-93CB-38B19D9CEAB9.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back