MetaTrak (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You must have auto update disabled then?
No mine updated and I had to put in user name and password then pin but since that I am just asked to put in pin the secret is not to log off, just close the app then when you return it will ask for pin.?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
sorry ? but as there is no one in until Monday it would not of helped ?
I decided to call and I got, please hold on, all of our operators are busy, someone will answer as soon as possible. If it had said, sorry we are closed or you are 199 in a queue I would have hung up, no I didn’t sit there looking at my phone, but I did let it ring on speaker.
9AF70CCA-070C-436B-A8A9-EDE7F5FAA7BF.jpeg

Mickey.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Minor panic after just reading this as my ‘engine start’ been switched off for close to a week.

Just reactivated ready for the morning.... phew ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Glad I checked this post< Iv'e had to reset mine. User name and password are all digits. All seems OK now. Thanks for posting.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Well I should be on the road at 5 in the morning, van shut down and no record of any passwords or usernames!??
I’ll bloody make a note of em next time, but I don’t recall ever getting them as I set up the app at vanbitz at time of installation, but hey ho I must have deleted them??
I have now took auto install off all my devices!!

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well I should be on the road at 5 in the morning, van shut down and no record of any passwords or usernames!??
I’ll bloody make a note of em next time, but I don’t recall ever getting them as I set up the app at vanbitz at time of installation, but hey ho I must have deleted them??
I have now took auto install off all my devices!!
Any record in the documentation which came with it?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
WESTY66 , I set my app at vanbitz and was told not to log off, so I’ve never needed a password, the only email I’ve received from MetaTrak is a receipt for paying the renewal subscription, thankfully I don’t need my Motorhome at the moment, but I’m sure there’s a lot of people who do and are locked out.

Mickey.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
UPDATE.... happy days, just remembered I had a different iPhone when I had it fitted, dug it out, fired it up, opened up the app it hadn’t been updated and hey presto up Popped the keypad, entered the code and took the engine blocker off and fired it up!!! Happy days!????

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Out of curiosity, I called them again, the automated voice said, our offices are now closed, so for the hour forty five minutes I was calling, they must have been open and very very busy, could take a while to sort this out.

Mickey.

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
would you believe I usually don’t keep many emails especially from 3 years ago but thought it was worth a look . Bingo there it it was under a very obscure file name so I am back on ,excellent ?
would you believe I usually don’t keep many emails especially from 3 years ago but thought it was worth a look . Bingo there it it was under a very obscure file name so I am back on ,excellent ?
What obscure name did the file have as cannot find anything under MetaTrak

Aug 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur.
Exp
Since 2019
Same problem for us this morning on iOS, fortunately we have the user ID and password saved.
Seems crazy to do any kind of update over the holidays when tech support is on leave and not available.
I know bad timing or what

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just tried it and it went straight to four digit password and worked first time.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi Mikey
The contact number on the email is 44(0)203 332 0121. This number is for the contact details in the email being wrong, but I'm sure they can help with a customer services number, the problem is the time of year, they may be on holiday.
I believe the secure ops centre number is 0330 220 0339. It is meant for emergency contact regarding remote monitored systems (so not the self monitored app) and whilst I wouldn't suggest calling just to say that you need to reset your login if it is going to make no difference waiting for customer services staff to return from their break, anyone who desperately needs to unblock their van but cannot access the app and haven't got an override dongle may be able to get them to unblock the vehicle remotely.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
FWIW I updated my app this morning and was not required to re-input my username and password. I never log off though, just close the app using the "exit" item from the drop down menu. I do wonder if you are in the habit of logging out, whether push notifications will actually work in the event of an alarm if you are logged out and the app is not associated with your account information at the time?

I wouldn't bother rushing to update if you haven't already. The status screen is missing from the drop down menu list and can only be accessed from the home screen icon, so if you've sent a command and want to check that it has updated you now have to go back to "Home" and then "Status" rather than direct to the status screen. There is also a continuous refresh animation icon in the status bar when the status screen is opened, which never seems to resolve itself.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Deneb , I never ever logged out, only ever had to enter 4 digit pin, but since the update it now wants username and password which I’ve never had.

Mickey.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Deneb , I never ever logged out, only ever had to enter 4 digit pin, but since the update it now wants username and password which I’ve never had.

Mickey.

OK. It didn't behave like that for me when I updated this morning, I stayed logged in.

I was given the username and password by Vanbitz before they dropped me off in Taunton, with the suggestion to download the app, then enter the details supplied and familiarise ourselves with it.

So we did that whilst having a coffee. Subsequently I saved the login information to my password manager and changed the password for security reasons ;)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Basic simple info required here please after reading this post and worrying a little, I have a new to me van that has the Growler system fitted and also the Meta Trak and I paid a renewal sum to have the Growler amended to my name but decided not to renew the Meta trak.
I am not at all happy about code number, passwords and pins etc so I have done absolutely nothing regarding any such issues, should I be more concerned, to you people who know of such things should I do anything or just leave well alone.
Thanks in advance for any help proffered, enjoy the holiday :xThumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi just read this. The problem is that the password and user name sent to you at the time of installation is private and yours.

For the last twelve months or so, the instructions state that you should change the computer generated one, for something more personal

There was an update, but it was done a couple of weeks ago, definitely not over the holidays

It’s only a question of adding your username and password to log back in, which I admit it a pain if you don’t remember it or don’t keep a record of usernames and passwords, but, it is username and password protected, and everyone had to be given there’s to allow the App to be used.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Basic simple info required here please after reading this post and worrying a little, I have a new to me van that has the Growler system fitted and also the Meta Trak and I paid a renewal sum to have the Growler amended to my name but decided not to renew the Meta trak.
I am not at all happy about code number, passwords and pins etc so I have done absolutely nothing regarding any such issues, should I be more concerned, to you people who know of such things should I do anything or just leave well alone.
Thanks in advance for any help proffered, enjoy the holiday :xThumb:
Well as it stands the previous owner could immobilise your Motorhome, which would be my biggest concern.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back