Mercedes dash all gone dead !! (4 Viewers)

Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
I jumped in my four year old Hymer Mercedes van last week and set off down the road ,sat NAV came on radio came on large touch screen dash working perfectly , then when I looked down at the main instrument cluster horror --- no Speedo ,no Rev counter, no fuel gauge, no indicators, no display absolutely nothing all gone dead.

Fortunately I had had my last service at my local Mercedes commercial dealership, I rang Mercedes roadside assist and within an hour an engineer arrived. I was fearing the worst I'm thinking I was going to have to put my hand in my pocket for a new instrument cluster. The engineer smiled and said we will on have you on your way in a couple of minutes . He then pulled out a special hooked tool , inserted it into the sides of the instrument cluster and pulled it out . He then unplugged the power supply , plugged it back in , pushed the instrument cluster back into the dash switched on the ignition and hey presto everything worked . He said the two computers had stopped talking to each other and the only solution is switch it off and switch it on again. The whole job took less than two minutes and there was no charge as my next service wasn't yet due.

Brilliant service but I don't think of it as a van anymore it's a computer on wheels .

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
I’ve had the same experience with my 2021 Sprinter. Apparently you can pull the fuse to the cluster and then put back in to get the same result. My fuse is in the footwell fuse rack.

I had a (feee) software update to the cluster and the MBUX which seems to have fixed it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back