Memory foam mattress toppers - any good? (1 Viewer)

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
We're going on our second weekend away next weekend since buying our MH, and I'm planning on sleeping in the overcab bed - BUT - the mattress seems very thin, and may be problematical for my old bones, so I was thinking of buying a memory foam mattress topper. They look pretty expensive though, around £80 or more for a small double 2" topper, so I thought I'd seek advice first from you lot before committing to a not inconsiderable expense.

Anyone else used memory foam toppers for a similar reason? Do they work? Is a 2" enough?

Any thoughts and comments eagerly awaited.

Mike

Janele

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We're going on our second weekend away next weekend since buying our MH, and I'm planning on sleeping in the overcab bed - BUT - the mattress seems very thin, and may be problematical for my old bones, so I was thinking of buying a memory foam mattress topper. They look pretty expensive though, around £80 or more for a small double 2" topper, so I thought I'd seek advice first from you lot before committing to a not inconsiderable expense.

Anyone else used memory foam toppers for a similar reason? Do they work? Is a 2" enough?

Any thoughts and comments eagerly awaited.

Mike

Best thing weve bought for the motorhome! We got ours from Link Removed quite pricey but well worth the money. They make them shaped for motorhome beds. When ordering you state your motorhome make and model and they send one out to fit your bed. Weve got a double mattress topper standard size 2" thick and it transfers the bed into a luxury bed. You dont have any aches and pains anymore and have a great nights sleep! Well worth the money! :Cool:

Upvote 0

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
I got one as well. Very comfy, bought mine off ebay... Nice and warm during the winter, we have also placed it under normal mattress during summer which has the effect of minimising the feel of the slats..

-

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back