Max tyre pressure maxxis camper. (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690G
Exp
Since 2011
Considering the Maxxis Camper tyre 225/75/r16 for Fiat Ducato and would like to know the max tyre pressure, if anyone running on these can help?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Only Maxxis can tell you, but I'd be asking them what the minimum pressure you can run at is though

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
You want the maxxis vansmart mcv3 for summer, not Camper. I run them at the pressures printed on the door pillar. Good tyre, much better than contis.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
AHH. Are they made in China, because others say that means they are rubbish, and do Maxxis deny any liability if you use them on a motorhome because according to some you should always buy the most expensive tyre available. 🤔

Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Yeah agree with above check the manufacturer web site don't buy mid range tyres like myself. And get snide comments. When it turns out there's a caveat on there Web site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As mentioned on another thread I have Maxxis Vansmart ASL 2 .. an All-Season Van Tyre the on my Timberland PVC .. ÂŁ430 fitted inc. new steel valves

Had them on just over a year and done 10k ,miles .. no problems

Pressures as per label on drivers door pillar. .. 60psi front 65 psi rear

don't understand why people say that tyres made in China are substandard or to be avoided.. most tyre companies have factories around the world, including China..

Is this tyre snobbery ,..

A bit like bicycles.. nearly all are made in China .. even high end Italian brands..

Founded in Taiwan, Maxxis got its start by making bicycle tires, and soon expanded its offerings to include tires for auto, light truck, ATV, motorcycle, trailer, and more. Today, Maxxis distributes its products in more than 180 countries and has operations in Asia, North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Australia, employing more than 30,000 people. Maxxis’ ability to serve customers around the world is rooted in its manufacturing capacity, which includes facilities in Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, and India. Maxxis opened its first distribution facility in North America in 1985, and today has more than half a million square feet of warehouse space across the U.S., located in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Indianapolis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690G
Exp
Since 2011
Maxxis is big in motorsport, I had them on my bike and on track days. Good rubber.
The reason why I'm looking at the Maxxis Camper (and they are manufactured for motorhomes and stamped CP) is that we don't use the van during the winter months very often, apart from giving it a run. So it is parked up a lot and our previous vans have been on CP tyres for their strengthend sidewalls.
I asked about the tyres max psi because someone said that they only discovered that the tyres they ordered were a max psi of 65 when they received them.
Our Burstner recommends 80psi. I thought the max psi would be printed on the tyre, that's why I asked if anyone was running on this camper tyre. Our current tyre shows 80psi.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The reason why I'm looking at the Maxxis Camper (and they are manufactured for motorhomes and stamped CP) is that we don't use the van during the winter months very often, apart from giving it a run. So it is parked up a lot and our previous vans have been on CP tyres for their strengthend sidewalls.
I asked about the tyres max psi because someone said that they only discovered that the tyres they ordered were a max psi of 65 when they received them.
Our Burstner recommends 80psi. I thought the max psi would be printed on the tyre, that's wh
I asked if anyone was running on this camper tyre. Our current tyre shows 80psi.
You could email Maxxis ... the address is on the data sheet for these tyres

regulation@maxxistce.nl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Our Burstner recommends 80psi. I thought the max psi would be printed on the tyre, that's why I asked if anyone was running on this camper tyre. Our current tyre shows 80psi.

The 'max psi' marked on tyres is exactly that and nothing to do with the optimum operating pressure.I'm amazed you have any fillings left running your tyres at 80psi ! Plenty of threads on
working out tyre pressures dependant on tyre size,axle loading etc. 🙂

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Don’t get hung up on PSI, get the tyre with a loading index high enough to cover your van weight. PSI marking on the tyre is for USA.
But if in doubt, as mentioned, contact maxxis. I’m happy to run van tyres with the pressure indicated on door pillar.

OP
OP
D
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690G
Exp
Since 2011
Don’t get hung up on PSI, get the tyre with a loading index high enough to cover your van weight. PSI marking on the tyre is for USA.
But if in doubt, as mentioned, contact maxxis. I’m happy to run van tyres with the pressure indicated on door pillar.
Thank you to those who took the time to reply with useful information.
John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back