LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Tiptoed over the border to Portugal on Monday.
Such a relief not have to wear the mask.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Arrived in Spain yesterday and learning to wear a mask while out walking, however it appears that from next Thursday we will not have to unless you want to.
It's only when in urban areas and you can't social distance anyway. We've hardly had to wear masks at all as we're usually out in nature or less busy towns. Only half of people seem to be wearing them properly in the busier places.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's only when in urban areas and you can't social distance anyway. We've hardly had to wear masks at all as we're usually out in nature or less busy towns. Only half of people seem to be wearing them properly in the busier places.
I can't argue my way out of a paper bag in Spain.
I got a right bo!! Oxing in Mercadona last week because I crossed a strip on the floor.
Fortunately, I didn't understand a word she said, but, as it was the fish counter and she had a bl**dy great big knife in her hand I retreated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I have been wearing masks for so long when out & about, that I often drive home forgetting that I am still wearing it!:doh:
I even got laughed at on return to Avon Bank Meadows Meet last year, when I cycled back from the shops on my bike, still wearing it!:giggle:
We still wear them when shopping, I see there are many others doing the same, so its not just us carrying on with them.
LES

OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I got a right bo!! Oxing in Mercadona last week because I crossed a strip on the floor.
Fortunately, I didn't understand a word she said, but, as it was the fish counter and she had a bl**dy great big knife in her hand I retreated.
All the way to Portugal

• Funny
Reactions: f6c
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
That's funny i always cross that line at the fish counter to get a proper look at the labels that say where it's caught. Never been shouted at. Must be my innocent looking face!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
That's funny i always cross that line at the fish counter to get a proper look at the labels that say where it's caught. Never been shouted at. Must be my innocent looking face!
Funny thing? was that the strip had no writing on it whatsoever, whereas the strips on the approach to the tills spoke of safety/distance and we're much more obvious as their message.

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Screenshot_20220204_160625_com.facebook.katana_edit_4354742010865205.jpg

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Bet most state the Sea :rolleyes: before someone else posts... I'll get my Coat :whistle:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We ve found mask wearing outside to be very sporadic but much stricter inside. Makes sense. We were in Spain in the summer when they also relaxed mask wearing but didnt seem to make much difference.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
When mask wearing outdoors was last relaxed here in Spain, most of our local town persons carried on wearing them.

There doesn't seem to be the same horror here about wearing, and relief at not having to, than there is from people in/from the UK.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I'm glad they are dropping mask wearing outside but I can see it's purpose for inside. I just wonder how long we should keep doing that though. When will we be safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back