Marck Aire (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We used to use the Aire at Marck but stopped as it was not always possible to get anyone to open the barrier. We thought we would try it again yesterday as City Europe is no longer available. As we arrived mid afternoon we found a lady in the building who connected our electricity and took our money. We went to bed about 22.30, I was wakened about 01.00 with the boom boom sound of music. I couldn’t decide if the noise was coming from one of the other motorhomes. I found some earplugs and tried to sleep, they didn’t stop the noise and I couldn’t sleep. The next thing was shouting and cars shooting about. I looked out the window to see two cars and a few people in the adjacent car park. One car spent all night boom booming, whilst the second car was coming and going all night with a lot of shouting. About 04.00 this morning the noise stopped- bliss, only to start again half an hour later.
We had decided that it would not be sensible to confront the group, and none of the other motorhomers came out of their vans. We wonder if they were delivering drugs, but that’s just a guess.
That is a nice Aire that we will not visit again.
We got an earlier shuttle and made Yorkshire by14.00. The lady at the shuttle said that they only had 2000 passengers booked in today. It was brilliant to not have to queue at Border Control. I am now going to catch up on some sleep.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back