Rally Chat Lymington 2019 Isle of Wight Coach Trip (2 Viewers)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I ambioking a coach to do an IOW day tour in Either Monday 12th August or Tuesday 13th August 2019, for Funsters st the Lymington Rally

If you came last year you will be happy to know that I have secured Albert again!

To join us you need to get a return ticket as foot passenger on the Yarmouth car ferry and pay a share of the coach hire. The coach hire is £370, so £10 each assuming we get 37 takers. Last year we added a nominal £1 for a dog, but let’s see how many Funsters we get.

We can either tour the west side of the island again or try the east side this time, or a mix if the two

If you are interested please post on this thread with
Preferred day
Number of people
Number of dogs
East or west side preference

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Me please. East or west either is best. Any day suits me!

ps - I owe you an ice cream from last year:D2

pps - Would it be prudent to mention a subject like Brexit to Albert while he's driving?:eek:

Last edited:

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Yes please for two more.
Either side, but with preference for the east as we did west last year.
Can’t wait to meet the bus driver again:):)

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Yes please for two more.
Either side, but with preference for the east as we did west last year.
Can’t wait to meet the bus driver again:):)
Should we all dress in orange jump suits and see how he reacts to a coachload of prisoners! ( in joke for those that came last year)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
We only have 8 and one dog for this so far. Any more takers?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This was excellent fun & good value last year so please put us two down again (y) & thank you @Mr Chrysalis for organising this trip again :hi5:
Preferred day for us will depends on which day is viable for the Walhampton Arms Carvery Lunch so will advise once known.
No dogs.
Don't mind which stops but a new place or two would be good.

Gareth62

Free Member
Apr 17, 2018
Funster No
We are thinking of this but still working out how many kids will actually be with us in Lymington for this weekend

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ok we would like to go either day 2+ small dog
Thanks

Do we buy the ferry ticket at the ferry on the day ?
It's a good idea to buy ferry tickets a little in advance as it's not the biggest ferry & it's a busy time of year.
Many used Tesco Clubcard vouchers https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/boost/wightlink-isle-of-wight-ferries/UK-004657.prd (£2.50 = £7.50) last year. AA & Boundless members get 15% discount & C&CC members get 20% discount off the Wightlink website prices but even after booking through those clubs website links you may need to show your membership card when boarding along with tickets - it was the case last year.
We will email Wightlink to see if they will give us a Fun discount code again this year.

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
So according to their site I will have to have times and date to book tickets so will have to wait until the bus is booked.
Yes - that's how it was done last year. Once the coach day, pick up & drop off timings are confirmed & enough are booked for this to go ahead then it's a good idea for everyone to book ferry foot passenger tickets. Last year we all met up in the rally field & walked to the ferry terminal together. You can choose crossings earlier & return later than the coach timings to explore Yarmouth more or have an evening meal before returning to Lymington but please let @Mr Chrysalis know if that is your plan so we know we haven't lost you! Just need everyone there to leave on the coach & return to Yarmouth together. The coach went from just outside the ferry terminal in Yarmouth last year. Sure all info. will be posted on this thread in due course.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We'd like to go on this. 2 adults no dogs (can we still come?) Don't mind which day but we also want to do the carvery so the days will be inter-dependant. Where do we go from here?

Wyn

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yes please, 2 people, any day, slight preference for east coz we did west last year, but happy with either. No dogs but hopefully they are not essential. Looking forward to it, but the way things happen nowadays, it'll soon be here!

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
At a rough count we are 16 at present, so need about the same again to make it viable. I hope we can get a few more interested

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Not for me , Karen, I do a weekly visit most years to the Waverley camp at East Cowes, so know area well.

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
Hi we would like to join you please Mike and Debbie 1 adult and I senior and 3 really really tiny dogs that would travel in 2 dog rucksacks so no issues on coach or ferry.
Please can you let us know which ferry we should be booking and best discount to use as members of everything.
Many Thanks,
Debbie

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
Hi if there’s a carvery we would also like to do this if there is space for 2 more please not sure who we need to speak to re this.
Thanks,
Debbie

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi if there’s a carvery we would also like to do this if there is space for 2 more please not sure who we need to speak to re this.
Thanks,
Debbie
Have replied to your email (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi we would like to join you please Mike and Debbie 1 adult and I senior and 3 really really tiny dogs that would travel in 2 dog rucksacks so no issues on coach or ferry.
Please can you let us know which ferry we should be booking and best discount to use as members of everything.
Many Thanks,
Debbie
Sure @Mr Chrysalis will add you to his list for the coach & will advise on what ferry to book once known :)
Have a look at posts number 14 & 15 on this thread with regards to ferry charges & possible discounts.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I think we are at 20 now, so that would be around £20 each person. If everyone is willing to pay that I could book it now, and hope we could get a few more interested to get the price down. Last year we had around £40 so the price was £10 each. Bear in mind we have to pay the ferry on top of that.

What do others think? Book it now or wait till we get more interest?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back