Oct 26, 2007
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8 years
Hi all,
I realise this topic has been covered before, but I am thinking of converting my condor which has the 8.1 V8 to LPG, I know That I am unlikely to recoup the cost through saving money on the fuel, but as I intend to keep the bus for a few years it will make it more usable and easier to sell when I do part with it, could anyone reccomend a good converter, and has anyone had a conversion done and is unhappy with it ?.
Thanks
Roy

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Roy I have the same engine, it was converted to LPG by Logical Automotive, and I had three problems with it, they trapped the genny feed when they refitted the fuel tank so the genny was starved of fuel, one of the float valves jammed making it impossible to refill one tank, and after about 6 months the switching relay failed, probably because they mounted it on top of the engine, I have since moved it to the firewall.

So not without problems, however apart from the relay both of the other faults were rectified without any argy-bargy. Just meant I had a 200 mile round trip to sort them. Would I recommend them? hmm best I can say is I wouldn't advise against using them.

Olley

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Had my Winnie done 2 years ago by Autogas northwest
not had any problems to date Autogas did a very professional job at a lot less than Logical quoted me would i recommend it yes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back