Loss of Use / Loss of Amenity Claims (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
My MH was damaged last Friday to the sum of 3k approx by the idiot who parks next in the Storage Compound. He want off at the usual rate of Knots turned left and the rear of the Caravan Struck the front offside of the Homie. He has admitted responsibility and I am submitting a Pro forma invoice to his Insurers for prepayment.
we have now lost the use of it for up to six weeks. Hs anyone successfully claimed for loss of use or amenity against the TP Insurers.
The hire cost of a similar vehicle if it were available , which it isn't at present, would be approx £1700 per week. I thought I would let them off lightly by claiming just 1K .
Our Insurers Legal Services have taken it up so I await their thoughts.
Any one else had this experience ?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
If you let the other partie's insurers have your booking information and costs incurred then they will cover this amount. Anything else would probably be a long shot

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would ask for more than £1K then come down if needed , compared to 6 x weeks hire they may be very happy to pay £5K

but I also as above ask for compensation for diminution in value due to repairs, when selling it might need to be declared and even well repaired may well still be fairly obvious 🤔

I have always got at least £1K and got £5K on a Mercedes worth £30K , don’t know how much your MH is worth but definitely worth adding on to the claim 👍

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Current value 65/67k market forces etc
Hastings are the TP Insurer involved, they have to date been most obstructive until I told them what their responsibilities were. I have dealt with Ins Companies for years and today they are only keyboard operators. The damage only relates to a new door mirror , wing , ( slight damage) corner bumper (scratched) alloy road wheel , deep scratches. Tyre possible side wall damage . Total £1500. It’s drivable but not legal due to the mirror.
Add on Labour and consumables and vat and you soon get to 3k.
The repairers are very good and paint spectrometer matching is spot on.
So we will start at £1200.00 per week and see where it goes!

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
It also means you should not be left out of pocket due to a third parties actions, so If you were driving a Rolls Royce and it was damaged in an accident you should not be offered a Ford Ka as a replacement vehicle while yours is being repaired, you should have a Rolls, its is used a lot by credit hire companies who stick you in a like for like( if you are not the at fault party) and then slam the cost on the claim, hence the rise in insurance premiums, So the loss of the loss of the use of the M/H for 5 weeks, unless you can show that you had sites booked or regular use as a last min getaway the other insurance company will be as obstructive as the can be, In the first instance I would get the cost of 5 weeks hire and forward this to them with an offer that being reasonable you are happy to accept 70% of the cost as the pandemic restrictions have curtailed everyone's activities in relation to the ability to travel and 17th May was your start date, good luck!

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
This claim for a minor bump is mounting up very quickly - probably heading towards £20k with the other party's repairs added on. No wonder insurance is so expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
This claim for a minor bump is mounting up very quickly - probably heading towards £20k with the other party's repairs added on. No wonder insurance is so expensive.
Is insurance expensive? My insurance is less than 1% of the value.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Is insurance expensive? My insurance is less than 1% of the value.
My moho insurance was about 5% of the value last year. When I try to add up all the different insurances on everything it makes my eyes water- especially as I have never claimed for anything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back