Lockdown so, new carpet motorhome now fitted. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We bought our elderly Swift KonTiki just over a year ago & some twerp had fitted a secondhand PINK carpet, it looked bloody awful & I couldn't wait to remove it but, there were many little jobs which needed doing, so I left the old carpet down til I'd got all the grotty jobs done.

So the time came when I couldn't hold off any longer & we bought the new carpet for the princely sum of £20 (every expense spared here you know).
I took great delight in tearing up the old carpet.
The u shaped lounge has a step up to it & the furniture in there was a bit creaky so I decided to remove the bed bases etc in order to do the job properly, big mistake, it took an age but it meant that the new carpet at the back is fitted exactly as the manufacturers had done.
I decided against loosening the front furniture as there was nothing wrong with it however, this meant cutting round many corners & seemed to take forever, I'm crippled with arthritis but this was a job which I could do whilst sitting on my bum!
The new carpet was a bitch for fraying if the blade didn't cut it cleanly first time, this caused much gnashing of teeth with weeping & wailing but I'm happyish with the results.

I am enjoying the challenges of fettling an elderly motorhome & I think that it just goes to show what can be done with a little bit of TLC?

The yukky carpet.

A PINK.jpg

Furniture removal.
Carpet D.jpg

New carpet fitted, small snagging list to finish & its job done. Curtains next.
Finally fitted 2.jpg

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Nice job though you available for outside jobs? I have a habit of cutting off some part of my hands when using a Stanley knife so am banned from using one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Nice job Robert but do you really think its gonna keep clean with Gus and Gabby :giggler:
I dounbt it Sandra, Gus popped into the motorhome yesterday & the carpet was thick with his fluff by the time he went out.
He's brilliant at tramping through the muck then depositing it on the carpet & Gabby has learned from Gus!

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Nice job though you available for outside jobs? I have a habit of cutting off some part of my hands when using a Stanley knife so am banned from using one
I've got about eleventy twelvety fingers on each hand as a result of this job, I'm not usually allowed sharp objects.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
nice job,,,, but i cant see what was wrong with the old one!!! :blush: yes i know clean me glasses....
Get new ones.... ;) Honestly the photo doesn't show how horrible the pink carpet was.
Isn't the new carpet...well...pink? :oops:
The new one is much darker and burgundy, so different.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Robert, well done, I also at first couldn't see much difference between old & new carpets, colourwise
But either of the two,although pretty close, cannot mask the fact that you have the FLT's last resort........a generator!:eek:;):giggle:

If you think the dogs are bad, I will post our adopted stray cat, Bobby up to you, he is beautiful looking for a cat, and very loving & entertaining for a boy. But he has wrecked the carpets in the house with his claws, he has his favourite "Pit Stops"they are in corners and doorways that he cannot pass bye without having a good go at.
He bullies his way into getting your spot on the sofa, or when he sneaks upstairs, the bed that you are lying in.
He senses where you are, leaves it until the early hours and then lunges on top of you to get you up and feed him, if not,he will start picking at the carpets or the bed base until you do!
I want to look into getting him de-clawed, muzzled or de-yammed as my mum used to say.

Does any Funster want a truly individual loving Boy cat to give a home to? After all these years, I am still allergic to them, my eyes swell up, turn red and the tears run, but they dont care a jot!
LES

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Bobby sat up on Villa Roof.JPG
    Bobby sat up on Villa Roof.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Hi Robert, well done, I also at first couldn't see much difference between old & new carpets, colourwise
But either of the two,although pretty close, cannot mask the fact that you have the FLT's last resort........a generator!:eek:;):giggle:

If you think the dogs are bad, I will post our adopted stray cat, Bobby up to you, he is beautiful looking for a cat, and very loving & entertaining for a boy. But he has wrecked the carpets in the house with his claws, he has his favourite "Pit Stops"they are in corners and doorways that he cannot pass bye without having a good go at.
He bullies his way into getting your spot on the sofa, or when he sneaks upstairs, the bed that you are lying in.
He senses where you are, leaves it until the early hours and then lunges on top of you to get you up and feed him, if not,he will start picking at the carpets or the bed base until you do!
I want to look into getting him de-clawed, muzzled or de-yammed as my mum used to say.

Does any Funster want a truly individual loving Boy cat to give a home to? After all these years, I am still allergic to them, my eyes swell up, turn red and the tears run, but they dont care a jot!
LES
Hi Les.
The carpet really is darker than it looks in the photo's, so are the seat covers etc, what I was trying to do was follow the rough colour of the original carpet which is still in the cab, but not for long lol.

The wee genny, hmmm well it was bought with stargazing in mind, didn't fancy running out of power in the depths of the forest on a winters night but, my battery bank seems to be well up to the job so the genny might be sold once this C-19 stuff is over.
That said there's a part of me who doesn't like letting go of a genny cos we used to have very regular power cuts here in the sticks, once it lasted for 5 days over the Xmas holiday!
That all seems to have settled down so if the weather was bad & the power went off, we'd just use the motorhome.

Cats, we do have one but he's like a wee angel compared to Bobby!
He does occasionally have a go at the carpets but, he knows only too well not to try that in front of me lol.
He changed from being an indoor/outdoor cat to totally indoor cat a few years ago, dunno why but, we've yet to try him in this motorhome, however, he is our cat & like everything else around here, he's barmy!
Some cats make my eyes stream, but Pepsi boy isn't one of them.
IMG-20180921-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20180921-WA0004.jpg
photo (30).JPG

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Robert.
Great action picture of Pepsi,(y):giggle: we have always considered Bobby as a cat burglar, or a temporary lodger, we didn't even consider a scratching post for the house, he just wondered in one day and helped himself to our other cats at the time food! So we thought he would eventually get fed up (pardon pun) and just go back to his real home.
We assumed he was using both home & ours as feeding places, as he would come and go for days on end, but unknown to us, he wasn't ever that far away.
He secretly took up residence under our BBQ cover in winter, or under a bush in the back garden,in all weathers, he would not go back to his real home. This despite the fact that I carried him on many occasion the half mile to his road that he resides in,and dropped him off in all weathers. (long story dont know exactly which house, but I did see him nip into one or two)
Every time I did this, by the time I had walked home, he had beaten me back, and was waiting by the back door with a cheeky look, like he was saying "what kept you", I aint going anywhere mate!, whats for dinner?

Really strange as he has an identical twin sister, who used to appear now and again, but Bobby either ignored her or would growl at her to bugger off back to her own house.
They were obviously bought as twins, and must have been expensive, as they are a rare breed, we are told.

Well, he has now outlasted Lulu our other resident rescue cat, as we had to put her to sleep last year at age 21!, so he must feel that he has the place to himself now, as he doesn't have to share the food bowls or water anymore.

Jute supermarket shopping bags drive him demented, he runs inside them so fast they shoot across the kitchen, then he tries to kill it, or destroy it on his back with all four paws going at a hellover speed.
He loves the back door coconut floor mat also, he goes mad with his claws as an indication that he wants to be let out, but he has his own door (catflap) right next to it:swear2:
We really didn't want him in the main house, tried to confine him to the kitchen & utility room to try and keep the hair & cat must down, but reluctantly now I think its time, even if a bit late to buy one of those scratching posts.
Cheers for now mate, love to Hazel and the dugs.
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back