Little Lodge Farm, Thetford Forest (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Santon Downham Norfolk
Post Code
IP27 0TX

Very much set up for horse riding and messing about on the river ..... with direct river access from the family camping field

£15 per night, no EHU

set right in the middle of Thetford Forest, accessed by a gravel/sand track about a mile long, which i would imagine can get very dusty at times. But when you get here its like a little green oasis, lots of paddocks for horses - apparently its set up so you could bring a horse on holiday aswell - and there are a lot of motorhomes/caravaners and tenters who seem to have done exactly that!

very quiet, but there is a local train running past on the other side of the river every half hour or so but its not noisy. Its a nice site if youre into kayaking/canoeing/paddle boarding, with direct river access (photos as soon as i get chance to upload)

i would give the site four starts - on the basis that it probably does exactly what peop[e who come here want, but for me it just lacks that extra care to provide guests with more than the absolute minimum - but judging by the number of motorhomes/caravans/tents - it doesnt soom to bother a LOT of people ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
For all you horsey people, i have just asked someone who is staying here with their horse, they (2 adults) are staying in a horse lorry, so have their own accommodation, they are parked in a small paddock, with electric fence (dont know if its their own) no EHU but access to water and i assume also to waste disposal - for under £30 per night !!! They get to have use of all the local 'hacks' and bridleways free of charge ....

when i told them we are paying £15 to stay with no ehu etc, they were surprised at how much we were paying, i said i was surprised by how little they are paying LOL, and everyone lived happy ever after ....

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes,nice little site,we used to go there with a caravan 30 years ago!! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun