Leeds/ Yorkshire area (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Been looking to find a stopover or even a hotel with parking so that we can get to the centre of Leeds by taxi or preferably train/bus as I dont want to have to worry about parking the motorhome when I take SWMBO for part of her birthday celebration , it would be ungentlemanly to say exactly but its quite a lot of years!
Found a Premiere inn at Glasshoughton but not sure how easy it would be to catch a train there although the station is only a short distance away
Dare not say too much in case she sees a response and susses me out, after that it will be a weekend nr Whitby.
Mike (Ann doesnt know)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not going to be a lot of help here, but as no one else has replied.............
You could stay in Knaresborough or Harrogate and get the train into Leeds. There is also a good bus service No 36 (leather seats and wifi) from Harrogate to Leeds.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I’ve seen the odd motorhome in the big carpark right in the centre of Leeds . They must allow overnight parking as I often see the odd one there. They’ll charge you obviously. But you wouldn’t have a train/taxi fare to pay as you’d be able to walk
It’s the carpark that’s alongside the ringroad before you go through the tunnel. When I go to work , I come up the slip road along side the carpark . To turn to go towards Moortown up scotthall road.
There’s quite a bit of building work going on around that area and you see builders vans in there . So I’m guessing the odd builder must stay over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I will second Harrogate and suggest Rudding Park caravan/motorhome site.

Martin

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
The Premier Inn near Elland Road has good parking and access into the City, either bus or taxi. We have used it a few times as our son lives nearby

OP
OP
Mike800966
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Many thanks to all, if you ever want info on the Cotswolds and Steam Trains etc then just ask!
Mike & Ann

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back