LB Omnistor Roll Out Awnings (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
My rollout has suddenly decided that on rolling it into the stored position it will not latch, the last 12mm (1/2 inch) it stops dead for not apparent reason I can discover. It was working perfectly well until last Monday when on putting it away it stuck. I had to resort to latching the forward end only as the rearward, geared end, just would not latch. I have managed to latch it using a ladder and a bit of care but it will not go fully away on the handle. There is no evidence it being bent that I can see. The front cross beam seems to hinge properly when I manually push it into the latch position and I can determine how it is supposed to engage but it comes to such a dead stop that there is something stopping it.

This roll out is a brand that appears to have been taken over by Dometic but I cannot find any repair manuals so any suggestions as to how to get back in full working order?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Give Rose Awnings a ring, they are the importers, if you don't have any luck with them try Hillview Awnings they are a big supplier & fitter.

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Last week I had a similar experience. I opened the awning with the habitat door open not realising that the folding bar above it would not be able to unfold as the top of the door was in the way. I then rolled it back and shut the door. At this point it would not roll out at all on that side. I forced the other side back in by applying a lot of force on the pole and was then able to open it fully but had to help the bar above the door open. A squirt of silican lubr on every joint and it seems to be OK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ian Bosman
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Problem solved! I had inadvertently unwound the awning too far so that the canvas was rolling onto the top of the roller. It should roll onto to bottom. By having it the incorrect way it was pulling the front cross beam upwards when meeting the rest of the housing. Idiot me! I wondered why it was making a noise I had not heard before as the canvas rolled against the housing!. At least it has saved me money on buying a new one or getting a repairer in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back