Kitdhen Storage ! (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Just wondered if anybody has any suggestions for extra storage in the kitchen of a Coral as just have a silly little shelf screwed to the wall where the bedroom door is so fixing could be a battle ! was thinking of something were you could move the shelfs around to suit the needs of what needs to be there !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just wondered if anybody has any suggestions for extra storage in the kitchen of a Coral as just have a silly little shelf screwed to the wall where the bedroom door is so fixing could be a battle ! was thinking of something were you could move the shelfs around to suit the needs of what needs to be there !
You've got to give us a fighting chance of giving sensible replies by putting on a photo! :giggle:

OP
OP
Cliffyboy
Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Sorry about that Minxy Girl ,hope attachment helps !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20200930_151357.jpg
    20200930_151357.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 160

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I couldn't understand the comment about the door but get it now as it slides behind the panel so I assume you don't want to risk screwing into it.

I'm not a fan of 'open' shelves as it's all too easy to forget and drive off with stuff on them, so perhaps have a look at systems that allow baskets, shelves etc to be moved around on a peg board, this means you can fit it securely with several screws to keep it in place without the need to go deeply into the panel. Some MHs used to come with this sort of system ... you could make one yourself with some 'holey' board etc - examples below:

Last edited:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
We use the m2 stick on peel off thingys to determine where we need and more importantly where we can fix things then having established that, Look at IKEA etc for products that match your requirements, they do a great range of stick( Suction) on shelving etc ! So no screwing just make sure clean and dry ( The surface not you! ) :LOL:

OP
OP
Cliffyboy
Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Thanks very much Minxy girl and AC/ D/C will give that some thought ! .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks very much Minxy girl and AC/ D/C will give that some thought ! .
Also look at bathroom storage stuff/tubs that can be attached to the wall however if the surface has a bit of texture to it none of the stick-on (suction) type will work I'm afraid, even on smooth mock timber surfaces they can be picky and drop off after a while.

I've got a lovely coffee/tea/sugar canister set on its own shelf that has gone into lots of our MHs/campers for years and once installed it makes each one feel 'like home' ... wouldn't be without the set even though hubby has tried to melt one of the lids and the content labels have rubbed off! I do have a back-up similar set which are slightly larger and circular but I love my little square tub set so until it gets to the point where it isn't usable anymore or hubby melts a tub (!) I'll stick with it. Oh, they stay there all the time too and have never jumped off as I put a bit of the anti-slip matting under them.

kitchen.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back