LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi all does anyone know how to get these drawers out? I’ve tried the out and up, that doesn’t work and I need to replace the sink as I can’t get a replacement glass top for the present sink
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks Ady

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Often two clips at the front underneath. Press and then remove - bit like filing cabinets.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Have you tried having a new glass top cut by your local glass shop?

My drawers have some plastic 'fingers' below the runners - one has to go forward and the other side backward

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
My Bailey has "Moovit" drawers and you have to pull them right out then fairly violently upwards to get them out.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Have you tried having a new glass top cut by your local glass shop?

My drawers have some plastic 'fingers' below the runners - one has to go forward and the other side backward
No, do you think they could do it?
What’s behind that plastic cover plate ?
A1D6F4CD-E78E-4294-9FDD-9E8C475CAB8D.jpeg

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
No, do you think they could do it?

View attachment 463278
It’s been a while since I removed one but there is a spring attached to that plate which I believe is the lock, I would try moving it.
Re getting a replacement glass cover. I have had a glass splashback made previously which the glaziers cut to shape then coloured it and sent off for heat treating to be toughened. It wasn’t drilled to accept hinges but a clamp hinge was obtained which negated the need for drilling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
It’s been a while since I removed one but there is a spring attached to that plate which I believe is the lock, I would try moving it.
Re getting a replacement glass cover. I have had a glass splashback made previously which the glaziers cut to shape then coloured it and sent off for heat treating to be toughened. It wasn’t drilled to accept hinges but a clamp hinge was obtained which negated the need for drilling.
I’ll look into that, it doesn’t need drilling so that’s good👍

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
There's normal two grip handles one on each runner underneath pull towards you and it should release the draw from the runners

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Those are 'Blum style drawers, as per the moovit comment, pull fully out then lift upwards about an inch, not violently but fairly sharply to disengage from the runners. To refit place back on the runners and close fully, sometimes closing twice required to fully engage.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
There's normal two grip handles one on each runner underneath pull towards you and it should release the draw from the runners
Underneath?
A52278BC-3925-42CF-A9BF-5C54AB3F1C26.jpeg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As suggested above try your local Glazing company as ours will cut to size, they should be able to order in the proper glass too. Try sticking in a bit of cardboard to make a template for them.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Well well who’d have thought it? Thanks to Ninjabob and Itsmcb pulled out and violently lifted up worked a treat! Well actually it was more a positive tug😁😁.
Now I’ve got it off I can possibly get to the underneath of the sink. Now I’ve done it and with various comments on using a glazier I’m wondering whether to.....get some glass (dunno how much that will cost) or....put a plain sink in (Mrs Westy can’t break it again). Thanks all👍

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Our glass shop seems to do all. Drill holes - polish the edges- sent it off for toughening. Take them a pattern and ask
Probably a lot less expensive and a lot less messing about than changing the sink. If it's not damaged or leaking then best left alone.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Well well who’d have thought it? Thanks to Ninjabob and Itsmcb pulled out and violently lifted up worked a treat! Well actually it was more a positive tug😁😁.
Now I’ve got it off I can possibly get to the underneath of the sink. Now I’ve done it and with various comments on using a glazier I’m wondering whether to.....get some glass (dunno how much that will cost) or....put a plain sink in (Mrs Westy can’t break it again). Thanks all👍
I'm glad I was right, my professional reputation was on the line 😳.
van photo 2.JPG

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
i had kitchen draws from ikea and like u have found out they needed a good tug to remove from the runners.
took me a while to be brave enough to use as much force as was required.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
When returning the drawer you just place it back on the runners and juggle a little until it engages. Both removing and replaceing might feel a bit clacky but they do fit togetehr and dismount well.
My brother used to be the MD of Blum until he retired a few years ago so I'm pretty familiar with their fittings. I've been round their factory in Austria, it's pretty impressive. They make very high quality fittings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back