Kinlockleven Aire (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2022
Henfield, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2021 (previous tent campers)
Does anyone have any updates on the Kinlochleven Aire?
We’re heading up that way and thought we might try it if it’s open.

Can’t find anything online. Britstops have it listed as opening 2022 but I don’t think it did.
Something about a planning issue.

Just wondering if anyone has been up that way recently? Or knows anymore?

OP
OP
Jammi
Oct 4, 2022
Henfield, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Apr 19, 2011
Hamilton
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Does anyone have any updates on the Kinlochleven Aire?
We’re heading up that way and thought we might try it if it’s open.

Can’t find anything online. Britstops have it listed as opening 2022 but I don’t think it did.
Something about a planning issue.

Just wondering if anyone has been up that way recently? Or knows anymore?
I stayed there 10 days ago but the aire was closed for an ehu upgrade. I just stayed in the car park opposite. No notice posted
IMG_20230415_201159518_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230415_201027667.jpg
to say when the aire will be open or how to pay for the ehu if required.
B

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Hi Jammi – if you are feeling a) brave (take the MH) or b) fit and adventurous (walk up) then while in Kinlochleven try and visit the remains of the Mamore lodge. I used to walk a lot in the area and the lodge used to be a hotel, so delivery vans could manage up to it (single track – few passing places). I used to park my car at the lodge and walk into the hills from there. Great views from the lodge, so well worth the effort. And if you want to make an adventure out of it, weather permitting, follow the path round to Allt-Coire-Na-Ba then the track uphill past the sheep fanks and up to the Beallach at 732mtrs. Sit there and have your snack in the cradle of the mountains.

In addition there are a number of circular walks, into the lower hills, around the village...have a chat with the locals, they'll keep you right. enjoy your visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jammi
Oct 4, 2022
Henfield, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Hi Jammi – if you are feeling a) brave (take the MH) or b) fit and adventurous (walk up) then while in Kinlochleven try and visit the remains of the Mamore lodge. I used to walk a lot in the area and the lodge used to be a hotel, so delivery vans could manage up to it (single track – few passing places). I used to park my car at the lodge and walk into the hills from there. Great views from the lodge, so well worth the effort. And if you want to make an adventure out of it, weather permitting, follow the path round to Allt-Coire-Na-Ba then the track uphill past the sheep fanks and up to the Beallach at 732mtrs. Sit there and have your snack in the cradle of the mountains.

In addition there are a number of circular walks, into the lower hills, around the village...have a chat with the locals, they'll keep you right. enjoy your visit.
Sounds lovely! We love walking in Scotland..can’t beat it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back