Just made my day (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
Uprated the weight on my motorhome to 3850kg back in the spring, duly sent off all the info to get it changed once DVLA reopened after first lockdown and eventually got my new V5 back plus the return of supporting documentation.
All good except Max permissible mass was still the original.
In November I wrote a letter to DVLA asking if they would change the Max permissible weight to be the same as Revenue weight listing Brexit as a reason for change as I would now have to import the vehicle to mainland Europe and Europe does not understand revenue weight, they wil only look at max permissile weight and the plate on the vehile and they shoud really match.

New V5 arrived ths morning with the max permissible weight and revenue weight the same. I am so pleased !!!

I did not send any supporting paperwork or the V5 just a letter to the usual address, may prove ueful to anyone else with the same issue.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
They did this to us when we uprated from 3650 to 4000kg 18 months ago. I just sent the V5 back with a covering letter and received a correct one within 10 days. You'd think they would check wouldn't you?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have just posted on this topic a few minutes ago - see here

Useless mob.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.