Ixeo 680G

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by 4Travel, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Devon Sue

Devon Sue Funster

Ratings:
    +5,076
    We only closed our rooflight blinds at night, and both have warped very quickly

2. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Ratings:
    +7,403
    That’s all interesting reading, we just bought a new Burstner Lyseo td 736 with roof light over the electric bed. There are warning stickers on all the roof lights and in the user manual saying not to fully close the blind in sunny weather. The blind and net screens can be moved independently, they do not spring back on their own, maybe these are the modified ones?
    Time will tell if they warp, but the bed does not go up fully to the roof, there is a 2-3 inch gap at the back, but none at the front.

3. 4Travel

4Travel Funster

Ratings:
    +7
    I can only think that your blinds must of warped during the hot summer days, not likely at night.
    If you are still under warranty I expect that they will replace for you but seems likely it will happen again, I have had one replacement (just the black out blind) and that has started to warp again.

4. Jim D

Jim D

Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased my IT 680 new in June 2017. First time away, in France, the whole heki frame and blind slides buckled. Replaced under warranty. I have kept the blind open and the bed lowered ever since, even whilst travelling which is a bit of a pain, but the problem has recurred. Dealer replacing it again as I write. He tells me there is a modification which Burstner has introduced for 2019 and will be retrofitting that on to my vehicle. All good so far. However he tells me that the 'pod' roof has bubbled and rippled with the fibreglass and gel coat somehow becoming detached from each other!!! A far greater problem as the pod will need to be replaced. I would suggest that you check your vehicles for this fault which I only noticed during the hot weather during the summer.