Itinerant damage at Topsham RFC (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Afternoon all,

You may be aware that, following our successful inaugural rally at Topsham RFC. the Club were invaded by itinerants who have caused large scale damage to the grounds to the point where matches have had to be postponed and training for all ages and groups curtailed
The most sickening aspect of this incident is that the defibrillator affixed to the Clubhouse was smashed off the wall and stolen.

It has been suggested by the attendees of the rally that members of Fun may wish to contribute towards the necessary repairs.

As the organiser of the rally, I am prepared and willing to act as a conduit.

If you wish to contribute, upon request I will provide you with banking details by way of a Conversation. (This will prevent my bank account from being a target of fraud once more.)

Kindest Regards

Derek aka Emmit

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Following discussion with the Club, any donation made to me by Funsters will be sent direct into the Clubs Bank account thus avoiding the 'skim off the top' by Just Giving.
To get my Bank details, send me a Conversation. (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Wouldn’t a Just Giving appeal be more transparent and potentially attract more donations?

Plus donors can opt to add Gift Aid which would increase the value of donation too.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thank you Robert,
You are right in one regard of course.
However, there couldn't be a gift aid (or could there?) because the Rugby Club wouldn't be a charity to attract the Gift aid. (See below, it is a charity)
Add to that the fact that there would no skimming by Just Giving and, with a bit of luck we will be directly building good will for a future event.
There will possibly be a certain amount of reluctance should we approach them again.

PS. I have just ascertained that the Club Is a charity. I will ensure that they do not lose out as a result of the collection of monies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back