Internet connectivity (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Erf116

Free Member
May 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
chevrolet rockwood
Hi guys what’s the best and easiest to get the internet in your motorhome and static for the tv etc. many thanks

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Hi guys what’s the best and easiest to get the internet in your motorhome and static for the tv etc. many thanks
“We” use a separate Mifi device or hotspot from a smartphone. Both will get you surfing the net or streaming media yy

With mifi, anyone can come and go from the Motorhome without taking the internet away from others there too.
The hotspot is a little simpler to setup 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
If you're phone contract has enough data, you can probably use it as a hotspot. Basically your phone receives the mobile internet signal and then broadcasts it out as a WiFi network for your tablet, laptop, TV stick, etc to connect to.

A step up is a MiFi device, which is essentially doing the same thing. It needs it's own SIM card and contract. The advantage is it's not tying up your phone. I leave my MiFi on all the time.

Better MiFi devices and 'mobile routers' have connectors to allow you to attach external antennas. So if you're getting a poor signal in your metal box in the middle of nowhere, an external antenna on the roof can massively improve matters.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Have a look at this retailer, they may still be Funsters too

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Have a search around on YouTube for vids from vanlife he has done a few which I find quite good.
If u r tecnically minded u can build yourself a system for far far less than the packages and can usually find some good s/h kit on Ebay.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back