Internal lights not working - where next? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I took my MH out last weekend and the internal lights weren't working. Everything else electric was - including the awning/door lights and the cab lights, fridge, water pump, TV socket, cab radio. I've removed and checked every visible fuse on the front of the EBL99 with a multi-meter and they're all OK. Nothing abnormal is showing on the control panel. The battery was fully charged and the mains trips were "on". Makes no difference if its hooked up or not. It's a Burstner A576 (2014).

Can anyone suggest where to check next? Thanks.

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
If you mean the 12V on/off switch, then surely all the other 12V-powered things wouldn't work either? E.g. pump, fridge/freezer, awning light? When I turn the 12V on/off switch on I get the green light and can hear a relay click.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
I have an , unmarked, switch that turns off all internal lights, might be worth a look.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Has each 12v light got its own switch on it at the holder? , perhaps you’ve turned the lights off from there last time and forgotten.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Hymer, 3 rocker switches just inside hab door.
Step in or out, all lights on or off,. awning light switch.
No markings on any of them.

On turning the lighting on the floor level lights come on,. But no lights will come on unless we switch it on there and then turn rest on. The lights are controlled by soft touch buttons and there is a big black box to control it all seperate from the ebl. Does dimming also.

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
For information I finally sorted this. Thought it was a sticky relay - so I took the EBL99 apart and manually flipped them. Wasn't that. I'd already taken out all the fuses and visually inspected them. So I tested the output voltage on all the circuits from the EBL99 and found the circuit to the internal lights, which wasn't producing anything. I'd already taken out all the fuses and visually inspected them (my first step) - but it turned out that this circuit's fuse looked ok but actually, when I tested it with an ohmmeter, it turned out to be open. Replaced the fuse and all working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner
For information I finally sorted this. Thought it was a sticky relay - so I took the EBL99 apart and manually flipped them. Wasn't that. I'd already taken out all the fuses and visually inspected them. So I tested the output voltage on all the circuits from the EBL99 and found the circuit to the internal lights, which wasn't producing anything. I'd already taken out all the fuses and visually inspected them (my first step) - but it turned out that this circuit's fuse looked ok but actually, when I tested it with an ohmmeter, it turned out to be open. Replaced the fuse and all working.
Hey I know this is an old post but can you remember which fuse was blown , I am having the same problem all 12v working except for lighting all fuses look good , 2003 burstner elegance ebl 99

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Hey I know this is an old post but can you remember which fuse was blown , I am having the same problem all 12v working except for lighting all fuses look good , 2003 burstner elegance ebl 99
yours is probably similar to mine in the small screen above the door we can turn of groups one of which is the lights

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back