Insuring a car in the UK whilst resident abroad (1 Viewer)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I'm now a Spanish resident but intend to be back in the UK for a few months each year and I'm thinking of buying a cheap uk-registered runaround car to use while I'm here. I've had a quote from Keith Michaels insurance but would like to get another couple of quotes if possible. I would be leaving the vehicle in the UK when returning to Spain. Any suggestions for other insurance companies from funsters? TIA

Last edited:

Deleted User
I'm now a Spanish resident but intend to be back in the UK for a few months each year and I'm thinking of buying a cheap runaround car to use while I'm here. I've had a quote from Keith Michaels insurance but would like to get another couple of quotes if possible. I would be leaving the vehicle in the UK when returning to Spain. Any suggestions for other insurance companies from funsters? TIA

I am fairly sure that Abbeygate would insure that, they weren't interested in where the vehicle was kept when I enquired about insuring our UK reg campervan in Portugal but there may have been some clauses about the time out of Portugal.
I eventually got the camper matriculated here and didn't need to go down that route, I did insure with them but on Portuguese plates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
If it's a cheap car, is it worth insuring it when you are not using it? Perhaps just take short-term insurance when you need to drive it.
I've looked at that and it's something I'm considering as well thanks, just looking at my options. It would need to be put into storage and SORN'd.

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I am fairly sure that Abbeygate would insure that, they weren't interested in where the vehicle was kept when I enquired about insuring our UK reg campervan in Portugal but there may have been some clauses about the time out of Portugal.
I eventually got the camper matriculated here and didn't need to go down that route, I did insure with them but on Portuguese plates.
Thanks for that, I'll have a look

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back