starspirit69

Free Member
May 9, 2013
aylesbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
My Puegeot Boxer based Autocruise Starspirit has decided to keep the immobiliserer activated despite unlocking the vehicle with the central locking. The indicator on the dash (vehicle with padlock) wont go out so the vehicle wont start. It is under warranty but apparently this does not cover immobilisers allthough it covers central locking. It appears that it has to go to a main dealer OUCH, or does it!.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
My Puegeot Boxer based Autocruise Starspirit has decided to keep the immobiliserer activated despite unlocking the vehicle with the central locking. The indicator on the dash (vehicle with padlock) wont go out so the vehicle wont start. It is under warranty but apparently this does not cover immobilisers allthough it covers central locking. It appears that it has to go to a main dealer OUCH, or does it!.

It may not cover after market immobilisers, but how can it exclude factory fitted devices?

What chassis is it?

Eddie

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it depends on what age the vehicle is, as the older vans had problems with the immobilisers. there is a work around that bypasses the immobiliser but you will then need to have a thatcham approved one retrofitted

for the newer version of the van, it could be the receiver or the ecu thats faulty which should be covered by any warranty. potentially very expensive.

i presume that all the possible resetting procedures have already been tried, like disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to clear the memory in the ecu and reading any fault codes?

just seen Eddie posted as i was writing. he is the man that knows more than anyone else about these issues

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
starspirit69

starspirit69

Free Member
May 9, 2013
aylesbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Eddie,
Not 100% certain what u mean by chassis but it is a 2005 Boxer 290 LX MWB HDI 1997cc I feel that as the immobiliser is activated by the central locking and that is covered by the warranty then it should be included but that is my opinion. Thanks for your input.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi The immobiliser is 100% independent of the central locking. Inside your door/ignition key is a small "chip" and there is a transponder ring around your ignition barrel that communicates with your key when the ignition is on.

I really can't see how a factory fitted immobiliser is not covered under your warranty.

Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back