Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi @scotty1 you should have e-mailed us and I would have got back to you in a few hours, I'm not always on FUN to see the comments. I picked up your voicemail this morning after getting back from the Harrogate Show.

The solution to your problem is easy.

Because you are connecting first with your iPad to the source of internet (eg Campsite or FON), when you try and tell your device to connect to your iBoost (MotorhomeWiFi or iBoost depending on version) your iPad will be disconnecting from the iBoost and returning to the 'internet'. This is because, until you configure it, the iBoost is not providing you with internet.

To overcome this simply tell you iPad to FORGET the network directly (eg Campsite or FON). Click on the little > arrow next to the connected network and click FORGET.

In future, when you arrive at a new location, never connect your iPad directly - only connect your iPad to iBoost and then select the internet source from there.

Captive portals do not load up automatically as you describe via the iBoost. You must connect and then force them to load by typing in a web address in your address bar - eg www.google.com and you will find that FON or Campsite login screen will load in its place.

If this fails, locate DHCP client on the MAIN screen of the iBoost and instead type in the GATEWAY address into your address bar the same way as you do to access the iBoost.

Any other questions - email me direct - you'll get a faster response :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Many thanks Addiei have just tried agian on another site,but thos time i set up without searching 1st ie left the iboost arial on floor and was able to get your login page up.found a signal with None security but couldnt get it stronger than 76 so couldnt log on( very rural area.i am out here for another week moving around so will keep trying.thanks again as always,Scotty.(sending this using my3 mifi)

Dandacaravanmovers

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Funster No
help please i am down at Les Andeleys .i have conncted up my iboost to see if ican find a free wifi. But i am having a mental block.i go into settings on my ipad,then wifi and motorhome wifi and the campsite come up,so i press the former and the log in for the campsite comes up wich i dont know and dont want. If i remember right i used to get to a stage where you had to put in 10.20.30.40 why cant i get to that stage???:( thanks.scotty

Hi we have same problem we type in 10.20.30.40 in web search can not find to home page .
Sent the I boost back found no problems.
I use a I pad and 3 other phone still can not get to the log in page am pulling my hair out and ready to cry .
Ps I have done all of the above

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi we have same problem we type in 10.20.30.40 in web search can not find to home page .
Sent the I boost back found no problems.
I use a I pad and 3 other phone still can not get to the log in page am pulling my hair out and ready to cry .
Ps I have done all of the above

Hello,

I'm not sure we can offer much else with regards to support as we did spend a considerable amount of time on the phone with you last week with regards to this issue. We then asked you to return what turned out to be a second hand 5 year old iBoost system bought on eBay to us so we could check it over, after we established it wasn't bought new a week previous. We found no issues - it worked straight out of the box. We reset/restored it anyway and just asked for you to cover the cost of the return postage.

You must be connected and remain connected to the iBoost network at all times, I would go as far as to turn your home broadband router off if testing it at home. You must also disable any VPN and ensure you are powering it from a 12v power source we have supplied or a DC battery. You must be typing 10.20.30.40 into your address bar at the top of the page using Safari - if you are doing a 'web search' it won't load. Also check the antenna is plugged into the blue socket on the router as per your instructions, with the short power injector placed in-between.

I'm at a loss under the circumstances what else we can offer, other then to say I'm confident that the system in the state it left us could be resold on eBay as a fully functioning system.

Regards,

Adam

Dandacaravanmovers

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Funster No
Hello,

I'm not sure we can offer much else with regards to support as we did spend a considerable amount of time on the phone with you last week with regards to this issue. We then asked you to return what turned out to be a second hand 5 year old iBoost system bought on eBay to us so we could check it over, after we established it wasn't bought new a week previous. We found no issues - it worked straight out of the box. We reset/restored it anyway and just asked for you to cover the cost of the return postage.

You must be connected and remain connected to the iBoost network at all times, I would go as far as to turn your home broadband router off if testing it at home. You must also disable any VPN and ensure you are powering it from a 12v power source we have supplied or a DC battery. You must be typing 10.20.30.40 into your address bar at the top of the page using Safari - if you are doing a 'web search' it won't load. Also check the antenna is plugged into the blue socket on the router as per your instructions, with the short power injector placed in-between.

I'm at a loss under the circumstances what else we can offer, other then to say I'm confident that the system in the state it left us could be resold on eBay as a fully functioning system.

Regards,

Adam
Hi Adam ,
Thanks for going over the WiFi and sure it was working fine with you on your system.
I do use laptops and iPads for work so I do know a bit about computers.
Have tried 1 laptop 3 phones 2 I pads. And still no joy.
I received the I boost this morning and was buzzzing to get it up and running again I did follow the instructions and again no joy am ready to pull my hair out.
I do connect to the WiFi on the scan flick over to safari 10.20.30.40 in the search box small blue line appears the nowt. Just says load to long then blank. Can not get to the login page I so wish to find. Or we’ll back in the box and kicked under the stairs.
May be you can talk me though it on the phone or send you photos of what I see may be that could work . Many thanks Dave

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Adam ,
Thanks for going over the WiFi and sure it was working fine with you on your system.
I do use laptops and iPads for work so I do know a bit about computers.
Have tried 1 laptop 3 phones 2 I pads. And still no joy.
I received the I boost this morning and was buzzzing to get it up and running again I did follow the instructions and again no joy am ready to pull my hair out.
I do connect to the WiFi on the scan flick over to safari 10.20.30.40 in the search box small blue line appears the nowt. Just says load to long then blank. Can not get to the login page I so wish to find. Or we’ll back in the box and kicked under the stairs.
May be you can talk me though it on the phone or send you photos of what I see may be that could work . Many thanks Dave

Dave,

I believe we have already exhausted all possibilities and after testing the system in our office and being unable to detect any issues I am confident that the solution exists in one of the suggestions already provided, most likely in my post above. Had the system been purchased new from us as we originally thought, we would have insisted on offering you a full refund.

There must be something specific to your devices or operation which is preventing you from progressing past Step 2 in the operating instructions. You are welcome to e-mail me with screenshots and perhaps photos of how your cable are connected, but there really is little more that I am able to suggest.

Regards,

Adam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phod's

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner A573 Ducato
Exp
Since 2008
I eventually found that on iPad you need to use google not safari to type 10.20.30.40 and then it was all good.....................but to be truthful, I was not impressed with I boost; great if a strong wifi signal very close by, if not forget it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back