I Have Had Trouble With Revolut But... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A Tale For Revolut users...

As a few of the Funsters might know, I have been a massive fan of the Revolut Card for years and years.

It suits my needs perfectly.

I can transfer money from Blighty onto my card from anywhere in the world via the app and it costs me nothing.

I can exchange that money from Sterling into Euros (or dollars or many other currencies) at the exchange rate at the very moment I do it.

Goodness, how I love the app and system. I have even persuaded other Funsters to get one.

Then, after all these years, three weeks ago the app on my phone "broke" (I suspect following the latest upgrade).

I could no longer get into my account via the phone app.

I won't bore any readers with the specific problems here but for hours after hours, for days and days and days I spent time with various members of their "Customer Support Staff" who come in different forms. You cannot actually speak to anyone. All communication is done via "Live Text" and I spent hours just waiting for replies.

Only because I love the app so very, very much, did I keep my temper and, after being sent around and around in circles, I finally gave up and left the matter alone for a week.

I had been able to move some money using their website and the card still worked for paying for stuff and using ATMs so I just stopped attempting to get the app working.

Then today... just now... I decided to try again.

I reloaded the app (for about the tenth time) and as sure as stuff is stuff, it works again.

Needless to say, despite being really very disappointed with Revolut customer support system, I am very proud of myself for not losing my temper and am thrilled to have my money handling system back up and running again.

I have no doubt at all there could a few posts about other debit cards and how they are better than Revolut but I won't believe them...

But...

If I'm told those other cards have better customer support then I will believe them!

However... I still believe...

REVOLUT RULES OK

JJ :cool:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Been converted to them and use them all the time. Have it on my phone so go contactless all the time, think I’ve used the card about 3 times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I’m a big fan of Revolt and Starling as well

I use them both whilst abroad and have no issues whatsoever with either, I use Revolut to convert to euros then send it across to Starling to use them, then if i need to withdraw euros it’s not limited like Revolut does

a great free banking system which does what it says on the tin

Al 👍

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I’m a big fan of Revolt and Starling as well

I use them both whilst abroad and have no issues whatsoever with either, I use Revolut to convert to euros then send it across to Starling to use them, then if i need to withdraw euros it’s not limited like Revolut does

a great free banking system which does what it says on the tin

Al 👍
Great tip, thanks, just applied for a Starling account as I agree the currency withdrawal limit for Revolut can be a pain.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Wise (ex Transferwise) is also very good. Very similar to Revolut. The differences are in the detail and if you have a specific need (for me, having US bank details for receiving money), then it leads you to choose one over the other. Even then, I bet both are constantly closing any gaps they have with the other.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Revolut doesn't restrict me from withdrawing money...

It just limits the amount per month that I can withdraw without incurring any charges.

As I use the card to purchase most of my needs I can keep well below their limit.

yes I get what you mean but it is advertised as a free banking service which it isn’t if you want to withdraw actual money.m above a certain amount.

Sending it to Starling solves the issue that if you have an issue 😂😉

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Revolut doesn't restrict me from withdrawing money...

It just limits the amount per month that I can withdraw without incurring any charges.

As I use the card to purchase most of my needs I can keep well below their limit.

Me too… who carries cash now…? I only have a small amount for tips…👍🏼

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
yes I get what you mean but it is advertised as a free banking service which it isn’t if you want to withdraw actual money.m above a certain amount.

Sending it to Starling solves the issue that if you have an issue 😂😉
I see your point but what are you spending over £200 a month cash on, when you can just use the card..

• Love It
Reactions: JJ

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Me too… who carries cash now…? I only have a small amount for tips…👍🏼
trust me cash is still king at lots of places abroad and at home

if you ain’t got cash you ain’t ordering anything, simple as that

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Revolut and the Clarity card does me abroad. Never need to withdraw over the £200 per month but maybe worth looking at Starling if ever we get abroad again.

Reactions: JJ

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
We must shop at different places then, I’ve never had any trouble paying for anything….
we do ;)

only a few weeks ago when we were all "released" a few of us went on a pop up rally site at the east coast and "cash is for nobheads Mike" was buggered as the only pub open with a beer garden only took cash :ROFLMAO:

Needless to say he quickly found an hole in the wall and became an instant "nobhead" :drinks:

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
how do you know it’s starling bank?
D000C3EB-690A-444C-B2FD-45912E9DEC11.png

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Al n Val , is it a Euro account your have with starling?.
Just checked it out, thanks Al n val , looks a winner to me.
Mickey.
i've got euro and gb accounts with Revolut and Starling Mick

trust me it works well and as already said with Revolut you can set a limit when you want Revolut to exchange Gb to Euro and it does it in an instant if it reaches the target you set.

last year in Spain we were setting limits of 1.2 and actually got it at 1.28, its great tbh, as i'm typing this its at 1.1634

Allan
71F5BA20-05C8-4087-A5D4-3E4561DCA9AA.png

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We must shop at different places then, I’ve never had any trouble paying for anything….
You might in Germany l can not believe how many establishments do not take plastic especially considering their attachment to the EU.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Al n Val , I’ve had a revolut account for years, but this looks good with your idea of sending money to starling. I use revolut to send Thai baht to my Thai account.

Mickey.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You might in Germany l can not believe how many establishments do not take plastic especially considering their attachment to the EU.
If you’ve had a meal and a drink and you only have cards they soon find the card machine…👍🏼

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Al n Val , I’ve had a revolut account for years, but this looks good with your idea of sending money to starling.

Mickey.
it is Mick

it took a little while to figure it out setting up the various account details, i think i'd had a few one night as you do :LOL: and i just thought.......... i wonder if.............

and it works and has done ever since

I transfer from TSB to Revolut, then convert to euros then to Starling, its really quite easy once you get the hang of it

try it mate and let us know how you get on

Al

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I see your point but what are you spending over £200 a month cash on, when you can just use the card..
Here Repsol or Cepsa gas deliveries to the door cash only. Farmácia this morning cash only. Any weekly market it is only occasionally you will find one or two who take cards.Most engineering places it is account or cash ,same as any type of steel or ali stockholders.Plenty of places here where cash is the only way of paying. Even the notary to get stuff legally ,signed, stamped, dated cash only. Another gov department for crb + Hague apostille cash.:giggle:
In fact I was only thinking when out today how being caught without cash anywhere here would be a nightmare.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Here Repsol or Cepsa gas deliveries to the door cash only. Farmácia this morning cash only. Any weekly market it is only occasionally you will find one or two who take cards.Most engineering places it is account or cash ,same as any type of steel or ali stockholders.Plenty of places here where cash is the only way of paying. Even the notary to get stuff legally ,signed, stamped, dated cash only. Another gov department for crb + Hague apostille cash.:giggle:
In fact I was only thinking when out today how being caught without cash anywhere here would be a nightmare.
Agree with the market Richard but I only buy the occasional fruit and veg on a market in Europe and can understand living there would be a different kettle of fish, of course I always have a stash but I’m far from using more then £200 a month…

I have revolut, monzo and a Santander credit card for emergencies and of course my normal Lloyds account…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back