Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Aagh..... cannnot believe it....

The Beauty Terrorist has seen one and is pushing to get one.

Any Funsters with one and thoughts?

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Yes,we bought one last year and love it (y) ... what would you like to know?
My nervousness is the storage and small rear garage. I see that there is a drop down table to slide the toilet cassette out. Does this mean having to empty the garage to access it every time it needs emptying?

We have previously had a French bed and an Isalnd bed so the singles would be a big change

Does the 3rd berth work OK in the lounge?

Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
My nervousness is the storage and small rear garage. I see that there is a drop down table to slide the toilet cassette out. Does this mean having to empty the garage to access it every time it needs emptying?

We have previously had a French bed and an Isalnd bed so the singles would be a big change

Does the 3rd berth work OK in the lounge?

Many thanks
I agree the garage is not large but suits us .. we have a spare wheel which fits in the middle of the van.

I normally keep the "table" down and don't have to empty everything each time .. so no problem.

We love the twin beds, had them for 7 years in our previous moho and particularly wanted them again in the new one.

I have not tried making the bed in the lounge area but see no reason why it should not work fine.

We bought the 668 on a whim at Peterborough last year when we walked in and found it so spacious, light and airy. You can stand up in the cab area which in my opinion makes it as good as an A-class but without the associated down sides.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the feedback.

Am worried I can't get my BBQ in the garage...

Really like the inside of the van - really solid, light and airy.

Oh decisions, decisions.....

Given the habitation door is on the off side, how do you get on at Caravan Club sites that require you to reverse in with the peg to the rear offside? Does it preclude using the awning etc?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Most of my vans have had offside habitation doors. Not a problem on sites.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks for the feedback.

Am worried I can't get my BBQ in the garage...

Really like the inside of the van - really solid, light and airy.

Oh decisions, decisions.....

Given the habitation door is on the off side, how do you get on at Caravan Club sites that require you to reverse in with the peg to the rear offside? Does it preclude using the awning etc?
We don't often use club sites but have had no problem with pitching (just move the peg :wink:) ... the clubs are far more aware of motorhomes these days, many of which are non British layout.

How big is your bbq?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We don't often use club sites but have had no problem with pitching (just move the peg :wink:) ... the clubs are far more aware of motorhomes these days, many of which are non British layout.

How big is your bbq?:rolleyes:
That's a very personal question...:)....
It's a Webber Q100. I can detach it from the stand which folds flat so hopefully can fit in the garage.

My other dilemma is the cost. Our current van is only one year old and so we will be loosing out on depreciation..We have to decide if it is worth spending another £30k on top of the Px value.

Oh decisions decisions...

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Despite what Mr Flemming says 'you only live once'.
Make the most of it

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
That's a very personal question...:)....
It's a Webber Q100. I can detach it from the stand which folds flat so hopefully can fit in the garage.

My other dilemma is the cost. Our current van is only one year old and so we will be loosing out on depreciation..We have to decide if it is worth spending another £30k on top of the Px value.

Oh decisions decisions...
What moho do you have now?

As someone on another thread said .... "It's not like real money, it's only the kids inheritance.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have a 2016 Swift Kontiki 625. We have fitted aVanbitz Strikeback Growler and also an E&P levelling system

Because it is just a year old we obviously get hit with a huge depreciation and unlikely to get the investment back on the add ons..

As much as we really love the Hymer, I think we might keep our van another year and then take a view

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have a 2016 Swift Kontiki 625. We have fitted aVanbitz Strikeback Growler and also an E&P levelling system

Because it is just a year old we obviously get hit with a huge depreciation and unlikely to get the investment back on the add ons..

As much as we really love the Hymer, I think we might keep our van another year and then take a view

Sounds like a very nice motorhome you have there, I hope you continue to enjoy it.(y)

You never know but in another yeay there may be a used one for sale with everything included including Strikeback/growler, hygraulic levelling and loads more.:wink:

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Sounds like a very nice motorhome you have there, I hope you continue to enjoy it.(y)

You never know but in another yeay there may be a used one for sale with everything included including Strikeback/growler, hygraulic levelling and loads more.:wink:
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback on the Hymer. Lovely van and we will get there but will wait a little longer for ours.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

The hydrolic levelling system can be moved to another van saving oodles of cash.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
The hydrolic levelling system can be moved to another van saving oodles of cash.
Yes thanks.

I agree - got a quote off Mick at SAP, but the depreciation hit etc is just too great on our van.

We will have a look next year.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
If you worried about the size of the garage and the position of the toilet cassette, there are other tramps with raised single beds over a large garage.

We have a Hymer Van 562 Silverline, it's a squished version of the tramp, but has the large garage under twin beds and the toilet cassette accessed from the outside. I'm having trouble filling the garage, even when part using it as additional wardrobe hanging space. Personally, I would never go back to fiddly inaccessible outside lockers.
We travelled 400 miles (200 each way) to view and buy our s/h model which had done less than 12k miles. Just keep scanning the websites almost daily and be ready to drop everything and travel afar, before someone else spots it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back