Hymer Sprinter Free S600 Gas Bottles? (1 Viewer)

GalvC

Free Member
Apr 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer MB Free S600
About to take delivery of a new van as described above.
Not got it yet but trying to obtain correct gas bottles for it as didn’t opt to go with the onboard gas bottles you can potentially get refilled.
Dealer reckons space will take 2No Propane but 11Kg bottles. He specifically said if not 11kg would need to go smaller down to 6kg.
Really struggling to source 11kg propane but wanted to know what you guys have done?
Particularly if anyone managed to fit 13kg bottles in as they are more readily available?
Know can go down to 6kg but if 13kg would fit it that would be a better solution.
Here to learn.

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, you need the big propane 11kg Calor etc. Alternatively, you could add a Large SafeFill or two, or even a GasLow refillable. Better long term as you always know you have full gas before you set off on a trip.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

GalvC

Free Member
Apr 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer MB Free S600
Hi, you need the big propane 11kg Calor etc. Alternatively, you could add a Large SafeFill or two, or even a GasLow refillable. Better long term as you always know you have full gas before you set off on a trip.
This reply got my grey matter working. Now know I can get a full 13kg Calor Propane (spoken to Calor plus local Calor suppliers) and all to a man said I will not find a Calor Propane 11kg but will find same but 13kg.
So thinking of diving in and grabbing myself 1No 13kg Calor Propane today (before Easter definitely)
Then when we collect the van I will take that with me and see sizewise how that fits in and what space it leaves even if it lets me fit in a 6kg backup GasLow refillable? In the Hymer dealers we buying from I recall noticing that all their gas bottles on show were the mustard yellow ones GasLow refillable???
Hopefully the dealer will be able to advise me on regulators etc if I have a Calor bottle and a GasLow????
This might be completely wrong way to go so knowing I have 1No Calor Propane 13kg hopefully takes the pressure off until we actually see the van and stood in front of dealer?
You guys are awesome thanks a lot I truly appreciate the last couple of hours & your comments

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
My hymer just fits a 13kg propane I have now fitted a 11kg gaslow in the same spot the 11kg gaslow is just slightly smaller in diameter I think. If I can't get my gaslow 11kg filled for Easter I might be putting the 13kg back lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

GalvC

Free Member
Apr 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer MB Free S600
Very interesting those measures. Going to be interesting when we finally see our van stood in the showroom.
He says the space takes 2No 11kg bottles my guess is he is referring to those Gaslow bottles but he didn’t specifically say that.
Well hopefully my Calor 13kg will fit in and leave enough space for another next to it whatever make/type that might be.
Already fired a question off to Mr Dealer Man cos my personal knowledge on this would most definitely fit in a postage stamp with plenty left spare.
Cheers to everyone

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back