Hannahg

Free Member
Mar 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 644
Exp
15 years
Hi does anyone know where I can get a Hymer curtain that fits around the drop down bed please? It’s a 644. Not getting any response back from Hymer. Also can’t make our own as don’t have the originals for pattern.
thanks Hannah

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No idea. We had the same problem when we had a B544 when we first started MHing. If you can sew the only thing I can suggest (which I considered and decided against!) was to take down the old curtain and use to make a pattern. As you say no response from Hymer. We also tried Brownhills who were agents at the time who didn't want to know.

Denise

OP
OP
Hannahg

Hannahg

Free Member
Mar 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer 644
Exp
15 years
Unfortunately there is no curtain at all so can’t get the pattern/measurement from it!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Seems strange that the previous owner removed the curtain. If you bought it from a dealer, perhaps he removed it to install on another Hymer. Might be worth contacting the previous owner to check the history.

Don't think you'll have much luck sourcing a replacement as it's not really a consumable item. You could try Darren Leadbetter on 01636 704201 and ask for Hymer Spares. He also has a website https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/brownhillsmotorhomesparts

The curtain on my Hymer 544 was made of a linen material. It was secured to the roof with screws every 100mm approx. I think it was secured to the perimeter of the bed with popper studs and probably had an elasticated hem. I think the curtain was made in 3 separate panels, 2 sides & 1 front.

If you draw a blank.....might be worth visiting a dealer with a Hymer of a similar age and taking pics and dimensions. The drop-down bed should be common across a range of models although the roof profile over the cab was different with the "classic" models ie, sloping.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What year is your Hymer? I suspect the design changes over time. If you can tell us the year then someone with a similar year may be able to provide dimensions. Or if they live close they may let you come and have a look and measure for yourself.

We have a 2015 B class and live in West Kent if that is any help to you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back