• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Hymer B680 main lounge roof light (1 Viewer)

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
My wind up roof light acrylic dome is cracked. It doesn't leak as the cracks are where the inner and outer sheet bonding have split and the flies are getting between the outer and inner sections now so wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with a larger one or air con unit and has kept the old dome for posterity!!? I know Brownhills can supply but at £330 its a bit steep. Can anyone help with a second hand one please, size of hole is 800 x 500mm?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I replaced mine, paid full whack for it..
also replaced the rubber seal that was perished, and inner plastic trim that was cracking .. not much change from £500 :whistle:

good luck finding second hand

other option is to fit a Heki 2.. slightly larger, In my opinion a better window but not cheaper

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Could you get some acrylic glue and stick it back together?

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
I replaced mine, paid full whack for it..
also replaced the rubber seal that was perished, and inner plastic trim that was cracking .. not much change from £500 :whistle:

good luck finding second hand

other option is to fit a Heki 2.. slightly larger, In my opinion a better window but not cheaper

Jim, I read your thread and know how expensive these are. Not really prepared to change it for a heki on a 18 year old van and the rest of it doesn't leak so want to leave well alone for now. 2nd hand ones are rocking horse droppings I know!!

OP
OP
XRN

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Could you get some acrylic glue and stick it back together?
I have tried the glueing and it worked on some areas but it must have parted in the french sun last month so the flies are getting in and being trapped between the panes, looks awful with all the dead ones in there. Might have to give it another go if no joy with the wanted plea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you will find a heki at any caravan breaker second hand

Join us or log in to post a reply.