Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I have been trying to price travelling from Hull rather than the Tunnel. I can only get as far as putting the dimensions in, it tells me that 2.39m is maximum. Has anyone in a bigger Motorhome do the trip?
If no one knows I will ring them next week.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
We did it last year and had no problem. Is the 2.39 the height length or width?
I hope it's not the length.. :giggle: :X3:

We have traveled and are 2.9 high

Plus lorries of all kinds go on.

When you get to the "travelling by " page click the arrow to move from small.motorhome to standard motorhome over 2.4 m

1716741808347.png

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You should have the choice of Small, standard and large motorhome if you click other size. Standard is 4m high and 7m long

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Done it many many times in 3.9m motorhomes, not an issue. Newcastle to Amsterdam is quicker for us but the DFDS ferries are tight, they are much smaller than the P&O. The DFDS is roll on roll off where the P&O is drive on, down one side u turn at the end and back out the front. No issues with 10m Motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank you everyone, I can blame new glasses or lack of concentration. I didn’t notice the OVER 2.4, we are 2.9 high. I will start the process again.
If you are in the C&MhC it might be worth getting a price off them as they are usually better than direct to P&O.

Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Personally I will not touch P&O after what they did to their staff. I used Hull-Zeebrugge regularly for about 10 years then tolerated Hull-Rotterdam which took me too far north for a couple of years. Now I am using Newhaven-Dieppe which is cheap as chips if you are over 60 and does not require an overnight and a cabin. Journey to Newhaven is 275 miles compared with circa 100 miles to Hull.

You are North Yorks which stretches over a lot of territory. Your stats may be little different from mine or if you are proper north how about the ferry from Newcastle?

Chris

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Personally I will not touch P&O after what they did to their staff. I used Hull-Zeebrugge regularly for about 10 years then tolerated Hull-Rotterdam which took me too far north for a couple of years. Now I am using Newhaven-Dieppe which is cheap as chips if you are over 60 and does not require an overnight and a cabin. Journey to Newhaven is 275 miles compared with circa 100 miles to Hull.

You are North Yorks which stretches over a lot of territory. Your stats may be little different from mine or if you are proper north how about the ferry from Newcastle?

Chris
Newcastle to Amsterdam requires the sale of a kidney to fund at this time of the year with a larger Motorhome. Last time I looked it was about 2.5k without Club cabin. As I said in my previous post I find the ferry very very tight. Have used it many many times. On the last crossing we were parked near a door which meant everyone going back to vehicles had to squeeze down the side of our van with suitcases etc. The lady thought I was being a gentleman when I carried her kids buggy, in reality I was protecting my van.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000

Chris
Thanks, we are South of York, only kept as North Yorks due to power stations. We will look at Newhaven -Dieppe, I guess the dog stays in the vehicle.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Done it many many times in 3.9m motorhomes, not an issue. Newcastle to Amsterdam is quicker for us but the DFDS ferries are tight, they are much smaller than the P&O. The DFDS is roll on roll off where the P&O is drive on, down one side u turn at the end and back out the front. No issues with 10m Motorhome.
I remember the old 'Leopard' P&O boat from Southampton to Le Havre was a "U" turn job. Back in the early 70's.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back