how long to register a new motor home ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
can anyone, who has had a dealer register a new van, help ,,its been about a week since they agreed to register it, with out the 10%, they asked for ,,i contacted them last week ,and there saying ,they sent the registration off ,and there just waiting on it coming back ,,how long should this take ? i have no experience of this ,,so just would like an opinion for more experienced motor home buyers ,,,thanks

OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Our Pilote took about 10 days. We then had to send the V5 back because our surname was spelt wrong. That took about a further 2 weeks. We then found an error in the VIN number as a V has been written as a Y. We have been waiting 5 weeks for that to be sorted. We were hoping to go to Europe but decided to stay in the UK until it is sorted
thanks ,,i cant book anywhere till its sitting on my drive ,,

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Not all dealers register them online for some reason. I'm not sure why, does it cost to do it online, specific software needed, dealers just old fashioned?

My bike took a few minutes to register. My motorhome 2 months because they did it by snail mail and made a mistake too. I drove it around for 2 months blissfully unaware!
It seems both the manufacturer and the dealer have to be registered on the RaV system for doing online registrations. The manufacturer loads the vehicle information which is held in the system until the dealer activates the registration with the owners details (or something along those lines).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back