House Insurance 60+ away & floor risk area. (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Was sturuggling to get insurance for more than 60 days away. Insured with Saga at the moment last years premium was £224 + £55 for the e-bikes total £279, renewal is £334 (before haggling).
Would like to change insurers for longer periods away & get fed up with having to ring Saga every time we take the bikes abroard.

Just had a quote from C&CC £785 or £458 but no cover for floods under 2m and Comfort refused to quote.
Acording to the Evioment agency we live in a high risk flood area, we are about a mile from the river Adur and 200-250m from the beach.
Insurance companies seem to be having a thing about floods at the moment, although we have been here for 30 years and never been flooded. Recomended one of my neighbours to C&CC last year and he got 180 day away cover for about £300.

Just rung Saga and as most of you probably know depending on who answers the phone the results can vary. Nice helpful chap answered so I asked about longer periods away, no problem no extra charge just let us known when going away we will refer it to our underwriters and they may impose conditions e.g. away Nov -Feb heat set to 15 or drained down.
Now waiting for a call back hopefully with a reduced price.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
In a 'flood' postcode - you are usually better off, restrictions and premium-wise - staying where you are if you can. Existing policyholders frequently won't have such clauses applied that automatically would, to new proposers.

AXA at one time reckoned Far Forest was in the flood plain of the river Severn. This being the case, it would not get even damp until the whole of Bewdley and surrounds (including the W Mids Safari Park and Kidderminster) would already be under about half a kilometre deep of water!)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had that problem about 20 years ago when there had been some flooding in Sussex had to stay with the current insurers at the time, been OK since then until this year. Price from Saga now looks very reasonable compared to other quotes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i worked on that little book that tells you where to build your house .
the bible . so i live in the second highest village in cornwall. best safe than sorry.
if we get flooded god help the rest of em.
having lived by rivers a few times while growing up i saw so many floods it made sense to live high up on the hills .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back