Holy island pothole help needed (1 Viewer)

Foxtrot1

Free Member
Aug 11, 2017
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
LDV conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good morning campers
Was anyone at Holy Island on the 1st August 2017 and parked at the first main carpark and did you notice the pot hole on the first left into the parking spaces?
I went down said put hole and broke front anti roll bar Bush bracket. I didn't expect it to be so deep as it was full of water. I didn't get to take pictures as I didn't think I had broke anything until I was a good few miles away and the bar started to knock and I went under and noticed a bolt had snapped on the bush for anti roll bar and the other bent and about to fall out. Lost bush. Cable tied in place and got to garage. Only passed an MOT a few months before so know it wasn't faulty.
So if anyone can confirm pothole in first carpark on holy Island on the 01/08/17 I would appreciate the message back as I'll use it to get them to pay for the repair.
Happy motor homing you guys.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Good Luck with that, the roads around here are definitely a disaster area its like a kids game dodge the pothole.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Holey Island.

[Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll get me coat.]

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Good luck with that ! I think they could say it could have happened anywhere in the few months after your MOT.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The first main one on the left is on grass, or was when we were there earlier this year. Drove in slowly and had no problems. Or do you mean the ones just after the causeway all of which seemed to be closed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Sorry but think your chasing the impossible , whoever manages the car park will just dismiss any claim you try and make .
You have no real proof it happened there .

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot1

Free Member
Aug 11, 2017
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
LDV conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
The carpark is run by Northumberland council I think as they are on ticket brought.
There should be a record of repairs to the hole on holey Island (don't get ya coat it's good to lighten up our world) so may have something there.
In the words of Derrick trotter he who dares wins.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If the pothole in question has previously been reported and not been repaired in a reasonable timeframe, then you might have a claim.
If it has not been previously reported and/or the Authority had no knowledge - then you have no claim.

Good luck & welcome to the forum.
A paid subscription opens up a treasure trove of information & expertise.

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot1

Free Member
Aug 11, 2017
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
LDV conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Langtoftlad
All I know is going down that hole broke campervan and cost me money. Let's hope God is on my side so this who charge to park pay to fix.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
One hell of a introduction that a simple hi would have done
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun