Hi all. I’m totally new to this! (1 Viewer)

Oscar-crowbar

Free Member
Feb 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
We can just about work out how to open the door and get in let alone work out how to use the heating and hot water system. My question is can I climb onto the roof of thus thing? Will it hold my weight? It’s a Bessacar e560, it’s died have roof bars on top. I’d like to clean it and seal the joins with some sealer (or am I being stupid?)

please any advise Cheers Steve

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Welcome, I wouldn't walk on the roof of mine, some people do. Check out the detailing section for cleaning etc. If you struggle just put a question on chat or search previoys threads most issues have come up before. People on here are friendly, they are not really not allowed not to be.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
5EB705E3-E3D2-4A2C-8182-BD65E923690E.gif

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I get up on the roof of my van, but I tend to keep on all fours to help distribute the weight more evenly. Just be more aware near rooflights etc, as these will be the least supported areas.
Also, if you're going to reseal the joints, it's best if you scrape out all the old sealant first, don't be tempted to just slather new stuff on top of old. A decent, cheaper sealant is Puraflex from Toolstation, don't be tempted to use silicone sealer, even if it's specc'd for outside use and if you want to reseal your skylights and vents, you're best to use a non setting mastic, you can get this in tape form that comes on a roll that you cut to length.
Good luck !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Oscar-crowbar

Oscar-crowbar

Free Member
Feb 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Welcome, I wouldn't walk on the roof of mine, some people do. Check out the detailing section for cleaning etc. If you struggle just put a question on chat or search previoys threads most issues have come up before. People on here are friendly, they are not really not allowed not to be.
Thanks for that. Maybe just a ladder up the side then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Thanks for that. Maybe just a ladder up the side then.
Wrap something like foam or bubblewrap round the ladder near the contact points to stop scratching. I found that the roof of my Hymer is easily dented, even with knobbly knees, so I put a towel and a piece of plywood on the roof if I need to walk/kneel on it.

If you go on the roof, keep your mobile phone with you for if you knock the ladder over while you're on the roof. How did I find that out:(:LOL:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back