Help required please (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2011
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
7 years
Picked the motorhome up from storage and should of known things were not going to go well as it would not start because of a flat battery. Not normally a problem as 150w of solar with a 70/30 split between the batteries, oh well jump started it and off we went.
Arrive on site put the fridge onto gas, alarms sounds and it would appear fridge will not ignite. Any ideas?(gas is getting to the hob)
Tried to put water in kettle normal spluttering of the tap as has been drained dow,n eventually water arrives ( still spluttering) but pump will not turn off it appears to be drawing in air and hence no pressure build up to stop pump? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How far did you drive to the site? If all the batteries were flat it would have taken four hours minimum to recharge them. Do you know what the leisure battery voltage is?

OP
OP
dealornodeal
Jun 14, 2011
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
7 years
About 3 hours to the site hab battery then ok leisure batteries appeared fine at the start sorry should of said that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Solar at this time of year is very poor so may have been simply just not enough, mine has a 120w but i need give it a boost at least every 3 -4 weeks to be on safe side if left standing.

Water may just be that you still have air trapped but also possible a split pipe / cracked pump filter. Drain down and re-fill if you can, start process again.

Fridge, maybe just needs more time for air to be let through and gas to arrive at the burner. Just a guess.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Light hob to draw gas through the system. It might take a while to light and then stay lit.

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
We had a problem with pump running on and it was due to leisure battery being low. We ended up having to manually adjust it so it cut off correctly.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Possible spider web in the fridge chimney, amazing what small things can stop the pilot light from working correctly

OP
OP
dealornodeal
Jun 14, 2011
Grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
7 years
All taps were open I even blew into shower tube to 'backflush' no effect
I will try looking at the pump tomorrow
If its a spiders webb that will go with the mouse in the shower that likes passion fruit soap, I will take covers off tomorrow and have a look or get the vacuum pipe in there
Thanks for all your help:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back