Help needed to stop unwanted alarm sounding (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2017
Bingley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 150
Exp
Since 2017
I am hoping one of the wise sages on the list will be able to help me sort out recent alarm(ing) problem!
My moho is an 2017 Marquis Majestic on a Puegot Boxer base. The alarm is Puegot factory fitted. Recently, during the hours of darkness the alarm has taken to sounding, needless to say annoying the neighbours.
All widows and doors are securely closed and as far as I can see there are no vermin inside the moho. It is stored between two building and not in a wind tunnel. There is no evidence of anyone attempting to break in. The problem has occurred with mains HU connected and without.
The starter battery, which powers the alarm system, appears to be OK as I have no problems starting the engine.
The fault does not occur every night but on a couple of occasions the alarm has sounded several times through the hours of darkness. It does not happen in the daytime.
HELP, please

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Close off heater vents so they are directed to floor not face or screen. Check for mice.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If you have a PIR sensor on the ceiling then the battery may need changing or you could have a moth or bug that is setting off the internal sensors.

Have you tried setting the alarm with the internal sensors disarmed to determine if the fault may be with them or the rest of the system.

We and others have had a problem with the bonnet switch due to the soft under bonnet sound proofing compressing and ours has been set off before with leaving the heater vent control on the fresh air position and a gust off wind setting the ultrasonic sensors off, we switch to the recycling air position now when we set the alarm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E
Oct 14, 2017
Bingley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 150
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks they are some good tips.
What was done to ensure bonnet switch was making contact?
Had thought about bugs and have sprayed the inside with 'fly spray'.
Will give the fresh air vent a check.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks they are some good tips.
What was done to ensure bonnet switch was making contact?
Had thought about bugs and have sprayed the inside with 'fly spray'.
Will give the fresh air vent a check.
We unclipped the under bonnet lining and glued a piece of unsquashable closed cell foam between it and the steel bonnet.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
and worth making sure its not some scroat doing it, to get you to turn alarm off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
E
Oct 14, 2017
Bingley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 150
Exp
Since 2017
Problem still not resolved :( and going off to France and Spain today travelling for 5 weeks, not happy about the risk.
Tried bonnet trick, didn't work in this case but can see the reasoning as there is a depression in foam insulation at site of switch.
Had habitation and starter batteries checked, all OK both for charge and 'load'.
Puegeot have looked at problem but as it's not their alarm system unable to fault.
On thursday spent almost whole day with dealer technician who was in contact with manufacturer (of alarm) and still cannot identify fault. 'IT' (used to be 'Nessie' but now 'IT' , we've fallen out of love!) goes back to dealer upon return from travels.
The fault is actually more complicated than first thought. Still goes off intermittantly, mainly at night but not always. There are three different motion sensors inside 'IT' plus a sensor on the habitation door . During the testing it has been found that, sometimes, the inside is armed but other times when alarmed you can open the habitation door (supposedly alarmed) and move about inside without setting off the alarm. Ahhhhhh.:mad::mad::mad:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
That’s a pain. Hope it doesn’t spoil your trip .
We are off to France today too and have just discovered a leaking tap in washroom and now worried it could be dripping behind unit onto floor so undecided what to do !

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Problem still not resolved :( and going off to France and Spain today travelling for 5 weeks, not happy about the risk.
Tried bonnet trick, didn't work in this case but can see the reasoning as there is a depression in foam insulation at site of switch.
Had habitation and starter batteries checked, all OK both for charge and 'load'.
Puegeot have looked at problem but as it's not their alarm system unable to fault.
On thursday spent almost whole day with dealer technician who was in contact with manufacturer (of alarm) and still cannot identify fault. 'IT' (used to be 'Nessie' but now 'IT' , we've fallen out of love!) goes back to dealer upon return from travels.
The fault is actually more complicated than first thought. Still goes off intermittantly, mainly at night but not always. There are three different motion sensors inside 'IT' plus a sensor on the habitation door . During the testing it has been found that, sometimes, the inside is armed but other times when alarmed you can open the habitation door (supposedly alarmed) and move about inside without setting off the alarm. Ahhhhhh.:mad::mad::mad:
Why not just switch it off?

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
The alarm system wouldn't be Autowatch would it?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
My alarm had a phase of going off unexpectedly. The manufacturer sent me a ceramic screwdriver so that I could re-adjust the sensitivity. Problem solved.

I believe the ceramic screwdriver is needed because a steel one can become magnetic and interfere with the delicate balance of the unit. This in turn suggests that magnetic influences near the control unit could affect it. There seems to be a very delicate balance to be maintained.

OP
OP
E
Oct 14, 2017
Bingley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 150
Exp
Since 2017
Why not just switch it off? Good idea! that's what I am having to do at night BUT, the habitation can easily be entered via a break-in so I'm having very sleepless nights getting up at the slightest sound.:sleep:

Not certain about make of alarm, the technician at dealer was speaking to a company called 'Base'.

"Ceramic screwdriver" sounds interesting, perhaps I can borrow a 'Sonic screwdriver' from Dr Who, that might do the trick ;)

Leaving home now to drive south, at least whilst I'm in 'IT' I don't need the alarm on ;)

Whilst in France and Spain over the next few weeks, if anyone encounters a Majestic 155 with the alarm going off please don't give me pain, I've got enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back