help me choose new Motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
So we are thinking of upgrading our trusty 2000 Elddis Autostratus and I'd like to ask for model recommendations to consider as there seems so many models out there but I've not found one that ticks all the boxes yet.

We recently looked at, and was going to buy a 2008 Burstner Argos 747 but I couldn't get a storage pitch big enough to store it. since then we have considered the Argos and think it might be too big as we went to France and Holland this year and most sites stated on their websites that they do not accept twin axles and a lot of road in France had weight limits.

I have been looking at the Burstner Aviano 675G but it is an A class and it fits the bill apart from I want the fixed overcab bed so we don't loose the inside area if our young son is asleep up the front.

So a few points.

1. must have fixed rear bed with garage.

2. must have fitted seatbelts in the rear for car seat so dinnette seems only option.

3. must have overcab bed.

4. I can drive 7.5t and am miles away from 70

5. Budget up to £45k

6. ideally NOT a Ford base. too many getting nicked.

7. Must have seating opposite the dinnette. this limits my options of non-tag models but the 675G has a small bench but if we have to sit inside I want some seating space that is not in the dinnette.

8. can be no longer than 7.4 meters in length due to storage.

so basically a 675g layout but with the fixed overcab.

any pointers to makes/models would be greatly appreciated.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Twin axles rule is for caravans. As for weight limits, IN FRANCE??? You will be the only person in the world---I daren't go on.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Doesn't necessarily have to be a full dinette. A lot of continental MHs have half dinettes which have 2 rear seatbelts and the front seats turn round to complete the seating area. The front seats are far more comfortable than any dinette as dinette seats are very upright as are seats/sofas opposite the dinette.

Denise

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Doesn't necessarily have to be a full dinette. A lot of continental MHs have half dinettes which have 2 rear seatbelts and the front seats turn round to complete the seating area. The front seats are far more comfortable than any dinette as dinette seats are very upright as are seats/sofas opposite the dinette.

Denise

Good point on the half dinnette. The ones I have seen like this normally have the door opposite so no bench seat but it's worth a thought.
do you know any models that hav ed this?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Practical Motorhome magazine has a section on buying vans and has various layouts shown with a list of vans with those attributes. It doesn't cover all types every month but if you can lay your hands on a few back numbers that may help in your search. (The January 2019 issue has just dropped through the letterbox but it doesn't have anything approaching what you want, so ignore that one!)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Good point on the half dinnette. The ones I have seen like this normally have the door opposite so no bench seat but it's worth a thought.
do you know any models that hav ed this?

No sorry. We have a Euramobil which has a seat opposite the half dinette but no good for you as it is an A class which you said you don't want. Think you'll just have to do the rounds of the dealers and see what's available.

Denise

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
Have a look at the Chausson. Various optio s with fixed bed, although all fairly recent.The beds down from the roof options nearly as good with little mountaineering required and chance to leave the beds made up.
We have fixed bed, single roof bed and two extra seatbelts on a 6.5m.☺

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Maybe have a look at Rapido 995 or 996 you can get them on a Merc chassis as well (y)

Win win all the way :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back