Help a newbie (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, just converted from caravanning to having a motorhome, and loving it. just a slight issue with the door lock that is annoying. It wont lock from the inside. Not much of an issue as the dog lets us know if anyone comes anywhere near the site let alone the door. I do like to tinker and believe the lock should work from the inside. It is an Oberholtz door lock, one of the long handled ones , if that makes sense. Our Motorhome is a Compass Avantgarde 400 RL if anyone has general tips or advice for us. Many thanks

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi and welcome.
No experience of these, but as is usual on here, it wont belong before someone who can help turns up.

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks

Thanks Joh. I see you are a rugby fan as well. Yesterday hurt. Good luck for the rest of the world cup.

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can't help but would advise it would be a priority ... dog or no dog..

Mine doesn't lock when I set the automatic locking and a few times got back to the van to realise I had left the van unlocked... Having had one attempted break in on a motorway service station through that door... would do it asap.:Smile:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi welcome to Fun , It sounds to me like it could be the spindle thats come adrift inside the lock , unskrew the 4 screws re - insert the spindle and put it back together if this dont work you will probably need a new lock :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I had a bit of trouble with mine, I took it off and gave it a good 3 in one oiling that got it going again worth a try. Pete :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
No Joy

No joy. I purchased a new oberholtz handle etc, fitted it and guess what. It's still the same issue. Not sure what to do now. Is there an idiots guide to oberholtz handles/locks?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have the same type of lock on our hab door.

All you should have to do to lock it from the inside is turn the handle towards the outer edge of the door once the door is pulled to (we turn ours anti-clockwise as the lock is on the LHS of the door as you look at it from inside).

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Idiots guide for oberholtz door lock? Not for this idiot. Found there is three positions for locking the door with the key. One of them allows it to be locked from the inside. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back