Helloooo, is there another Rollerteam owner out there (2 Viewers)

only1midas

Free Member
Apr 29, 2010
NORTH WALES
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Towbar issues and running weights

Interesting stuff here and much to think about. I just wondered if any of you have checked your vin plate recently and your conversion plate, comparing it to the specification of the vehicle.Mine says 3500Kg which does not reflect the 3850Kg specification given within the documentation/sales publication or shown on the vehicle registration document.I have informed the importer to remedy, but if VOSA do a spot check you may find your open to fine, so please check it is correct.
Now I wonder if anybody as upgraded the towbar assembly for fitting to the Rollerteam 600 to carry a bigger trailer on the rear say 1700Kg. I am not sure if my rear suspension may have to be upgraded to do this, and I am aware that I may loose underbed storage space to do this, can anybody help!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi

We had our towbar fitted to our Roller Team 600 ( not the 600G ) by Armitages in Ferrybridge and at the time of fitting they commented on the plate not matching the information on the Roller Team website. I must admit I havent personally checked it but they plated the towbar according to the internet information given on the Roller Team website.

As far as I am aware the chassis extension on the 600 is the same as the 600G which allows for motorbikes etc being stored in the garage - 2-300kg estimated. My concern would be what nose weight would be required on the vehicle? Also total train weight with such a heavy trailer on the back.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
hi
Were new to this site and we wondered if anyone out there owns a rollerteam 100p 2008 model as we are thinking of purchasing one:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We own a 600 so wont be able to help you, sorry

Dale

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Autoroller and TV Bracket

Hi loads of detail from your posts. I 've just purcased an autoroller 700 and am pondering how to fit the tv in the locker. i have an avtex 16 inch and lcd arm similar to waht looks like the one you are using.

i was interested in the dimensions of what you are using as the cupboard is a very tight fit and with the current arm won't allow the tv to go in.

Many thanks

Rich

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi Rich

Have you looked on page two, an ex funster JDS posted pics of work he did on his Rollerteam.

Dale

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
TV Bracket

Yes I think I'm going to end up with a flip down bracket and reverse it. Road Pro sell one which you can do this with so I am going to talk to them on Monday before spending any money.
Many thanks Rich

RMS

Free Member
Oct 10, 2013
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, just joined this website as I have recently purchased a 2008 Roller Team 600G and I'm on the lookout for some info hence coming across this thread.

I don't suppose JDS is still registered is he as I noticed he said he had full wiring etc diagrams and I was hoping to get a copy?

Many thanks

Rob

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Hello all,

I'm looking at possibly buying a 2007 700 model - I've 3 kids so we'll need all the space! 2 in the bunks and 1 on the small dinette bed is the plan, with myself and my better half over the cab.

There are very few reviews of the model online - what I'm gathering is that it's a budget model but very good value at the price, the layout and certain features such as the large fridge with ice box and the fact that its got an oven and grill - even if not a great one - appeal.

How comfortable are the dinette seats for travelling in? Can those with kids comment? Only having 3 point belts on 2 of the rear seats is also a bit of a pain, means that someone has to use a lap belt. Has anyone investigated retro-fitting an extra 3 point belt?

The short length of the dinette bed is not a problem for a long time to come, my youngest is only 4, but does anyone use it and how do they find the restricted width?

My other option currently is a 2006 Hymer C-Class Classic 684, which is a year older and £3.5k more expensive. It's Ducato based with a 2.8 engine, has cab aircon, but it's a foot shorter, has no oven or grill at all, and a pokey fridge. However it also has proper 3 point belts for all the passengers in the back and the seats look more comfortable for travelling in.

I'd welcome comments from any Roller Team owners on how they've found theirs. Where does the budget cuts noticeably come from to get the price down? I'm guessing its on areas such as lighting, roof vents etc and the basic construction is still good. The Transit base vehicle looks like a good bet for the longer term, even if perhaps it's not as refined as the larger engined Ducato.

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
I have the Roller Team 600 2009. Had it 15mths
Last year drove the full length of France over 3 weeks , this year just got back from 3 weeks around Spain and many weekends away this country and it has not missed a beat.
The transit part has performed well no need for chipping ect , the power is fine. I cruise at 65mph on cruise control and av. 23 mpg
The Roller team part of the van is again basic but robust , nothing has fallen off or broken , I've added what I want not what the motorhome producer thinks I want.
I've added solar panel , tow bar , sat dome , new carpets , new mattress in the over head cabin
Would I buy Roller Team again !! Well we are currently looking at a new one for next year , but it has to be on the Transit base ,, I just have the confidence in it

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hi, just joined this website as I have recently purchased a 2008 Roller Team 600G and I'm on the lookout for some info hence coming across this thread.

I don't suppose JDS is still registered is he as I noticed he said he had full wiring etc diagrams and I was hoping to get a copy?

Many thanks

Rob
Yes, still around (although fuming at having to pay £10 just to respond to a thread - Admins, you should be ashamed of yourselves :) ). I'll have a dig around and see if I can fiond the wiring diagrams, I believe I still have them.

Not racing any more, due to work (me) and school (son) commitments so don't use our Roller Team much (indeed, last year it did one trip to Le Mans and back for the 24hrs and that was it!). Luckily we have an enormous garden to keep it in, so just gets ignored mostly :-(

Looking at getting it all up and running again early next year, plan to try and use it a lot more for 'spur of the moment' weekends away. Looking at the various A-Frame options now for added flexibility (Smart-tow being the most favoured at the moment), so happy for any comments etc. from other funsters on that topic, it's certainly not my field of expertise.

TTFN, JDS.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back