Hello and help please! re a Certificate of Conformity (1 Viewer)

jojosmith

Free Member
Jul 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
hello there, I initially joined your group to ask this question, and really pleased I have. lots of help etc. Anyway I have a question regarding a Certificate of Conformity. We have a Peaugot Autocruise StarDreamer X reg, from 2000. We have spent a lot of time travelling in her, a proper little star. We have now re located to Portugal. We want to keep her with us and are trying to go through the process of matriculation. One of the first stumbling blocks with have come across is getting the COC. Obviously Autocruise from 2000 are no more. I have been trying to contact the swift group, no replies. (obviously there are delays at the mo due to covid 19) I have tried to contact Peugot. No hope of help there at the moment either. I have contacted companies who can get you a coc for a fee, happy to pay, but they cannot supply one for a motorhome. I have been told that they only began to be issued in and around 2000. so not even sure if one was ever issued. but we bought her in 2011. I have also been told that if I can produce the original sales brochure then this can replace the coc. so firstly, any one got any experience with the coc and or ideas?? and my other question is by any chance does someone have that brochure and could email me a copy?? I have found other threads on your site but they are from 2008. Thank you soooo much in advance xx

OP
OP
J

jojosmith

Free Member
Jul 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
yes, they are unable to take calls at the moment, and still waiting for an email reply. but yes going down that road. thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
OP
OP
J

jojosmith

Free Member
Jul 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
wow thank you so much yes it is an autocruise stardream 2000 and I a going to look at the link now x

OP
OP
J

jojosmith

Free Member
Jul 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
I have had a look mister b. that brochure is from 2008. wondering if mine would be different as from the year 2000?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It will be different as the base vehicle changed from the x244 to x250 series in 2006. The same with Peugeot as Fiat as built in the same Sevel factory. You may have more luck getting a CoC for a panel van of that year

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
It will be different as the base vehicle changed from the x244 to x250 series in 2006. The same with Peugeot as Fiat as built in the same Sevel factory. You may have more luck getting a CoC for a panel van of that year
Really helpful post well done impressed

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Never done it but I have a friend lives in Portugal. I'm told that re-registering a vehicle in Portugal is fraught with problems (I once had to fly over there and bring back a jeep that the authorities were about to confiscate) and gets very expensive. And that's not even considering if they'll accept a left hand habitation door. Advice would seem to be, despite your obvious affection for the van, you'd be better off selling in the UK (market looks good at the moment) and buying a replacement in Portugal.

Sorry, don't really want to put a damper on your plans but I'm a realist. :heartbreak:

Tim Raphael

Free Member
Jun 2, 2017
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
Just seen your post and found it very interesting.
We have, like you, just relocated but to Spain and whilst I realise our experience is not in Portugal it is so similar.
We have a 2009 Autocruise Oakmont which we did Not want to give up so went for re-registration to Spanish plates. Same issues as you, no COC and no way of getting one, had door wrong side etc etc. We have only last week obtained a Spanish ITV and are awaiting our new plate, so it can be done on a vehicle like this. I don't know if Portugal is similar to Spain but .....

We had to have:
Certificate of Electrical safety
Certificate of Gas safety
Certificate of Reducida (Reduction) this circumvents the need for Homolagation
New headlamps
Tow bar removed.

All certificates had to be granted by an ITV recognised engineer. All together the bill was around 1300€, not cheap but well worth it to us and we got our ITV. Another bill of 700€ for plates, taxes etc. on top makes around 2000€ total.
I am not sure of Portugal but we have done this all within 30 days of residency to avoid any import duty, had we not done that the bill would have been over 5000€!!

I don't know if any of the above can help you but I really hope you succeed because changing our vans is almost worse than moving houses!! Good luck

PS. Just to say that the whole operation was handled by someone who knew the ropes and a good motorhome dealer did all the work, not something I would attempt myself!!

OP
OP
J

jojosmith

Free Member
Jul 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
hi there, thank you so much for your answer. we really really really want to keep our van too. I am now going down the route of an agent, who I hope can help us navigate this. we have six months from residency to avoid the extra tax payment. so want to get the process really moving. good to hear in spain there is an alternative to the coc. I hope and expect the same here in Portugal. our autocruise is a little older than yours so we are expecting to do a few works etc to get her through. good luck with your lovely new Spanish number plates, and happy travels xx

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
In France if you cannot access the CoC you have to get a titre isole basically a single vehicle type approval, which from the post ref Spain sounds the same as there, although being France a little more complicated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back