Hello All, me and and the wife having a midd-life (1 Viewer)

Levni

Free Member
Oct 1, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all, planning a trip to Spain in the camper around next April time, looking at Eurostar to calais, then drive down to costa blanca, Valencia, for a month then over to Mallorca, to stay in a family apt for a month or six !
never done anything like this before would appreciate any tips on the drive down as I would like to take 3 days stopping in hotels 1/3 and 2/3 of the drive, also any nice sites in costa brava, costa Dorada, Valencia
IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN,

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hello and welcome! :)

Sounds like a nice trip. I can't help with hotels I'm afraid.

I expect you mean you'll travel on the Eurotunnel to Calais? Eurostar goes from London to Paris!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Downsizing1_800x533.jpg

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all, planning a trip to Spain in the camper around next April time, looking at Eurostar to calais, then drive down to costa blanca, Valencia, for a month then over to Mallorca, to stay in a family apt for a month or six !
never done anything like this before would appreciate any tips on the drive down as I would like to take 3 days stopping in hotels 1/3 and 2/3 of the drive, also any nice sites in costa brava, costa Dorada, Valencia
IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN,
@tonka your man. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN,

In the resources section are a couple of routes with stopovers and tips. BUT I think you may need to subscribe as a full member to access them (£15 a year).
As mentioned it's the Eurotunnel (y) or the ferry a lot cheaper.
Think you can ferry to Mallorca from Denia but no more info.
Lots of campsites along the Costa Blanca just watch out for Easter as they get really busy.
I dont understand the bit about stopping at hotels ???
Costa Brava / Dorada is nice and again lots of campsites to choose from, going after Easter is always best as weather is not that good until after April.

OP
OP
Levni

Levni

Free Member
Oct 1, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
thanks for your reply, just thought with a couple of cheap hotels on route it might make the stop overs a bit easier, and yes maybe after easter would be better,

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Don't see why you need hotels en-route, that's surely what your van is for?

Many, many Funsters do every year what you're planning. Just don't plan too much and just go and do it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back