Hello & a question about the front rolling blind on our 2015 Euramobil 810 A Class (1 Viewer)

Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
Hi All

My wife & I recently purchased our first motorhome, which has been a dream since I was a teenager and went on many a trip with my parents in theirs (my Dad [Roger Ivy] is a member of this forum). I've always liked the stability of tag axles and am comfortable driving a bigger vehicle, so went for a 2005 Euramobil 810 A Class.

We live in Northern Ireland, just outside of Belfast.

We had a few teething issues with the van that the dealer didn't pick up in their "inspections" that I need to sort. The van has already been to Fiat for some repairs to the lights and Fiat cab heating system since we've had it, which the dealer covered under their "warranty". The whole process of trying to get stuff fixed under this "warranty" has been so painful that I'm opting to just fix things myself going forward.

The front rolling blind on our van stops about 1/3 of the way down at the same place every time you go to close it. It looks like there is enough blind still rolled up for it to go all the way down to the dash.

My first question is: should the blind go all the way down?

If the answer to question one is yes: is there a way to program where the blind stops? The reason I ask this is that it stops at exactly the same place every time and is very reliable to open and close every time you flick the switch, it just stops at the same place.

I've dismantled a lot of the trim around it and don't see that the motors are accessible (easily).

Many thanks,

Nigel

Attachments

• 62179985090__B0C0D80B-D41B-4529-A8F6-F5180213D65A.jpeg
    62179985090__B0C0D80B-D41B-4529-A8F6-F5180213D65A.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2828.jpg
    IMG_2828.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 65

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes the blind should go all the way down but only when the engine is switched off.

If the engine is running then it should stop part way down so that it can't be closed completely while you are driving! It's use is the same as the sun visor in a car.

OP
OP
nigelivy
Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
Yes the blind should go all the way down but only when the engine is switched off.

If the engine is running then it should stop part way down so that it can't be closed completely while you are driving! It's use is the same as the sun visor in a car.

Ah, that would make sense! It does exactly the same, regardless of whether the engine is running or not. If the engine is off, it still stops at exactly the same place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bounty Hunter

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1984
We had a 2007 Euramobil 810 and from memory there are pins on each side to stop the blind falling down when driving. You can pull these out before lowering the blind. Enjoy your van
John

OP
OP
nigelivy
Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
We had a 2007 Euramobil 810 and from memory there are pins on each side to stop the blind falling down when driving. You can pull these out before lowering the blind. Enjoy your van
John
Thanks John! I noticed the pins and realised that they were for safety to stop it closing fully whilst driving, but it actually stops just past the pins at the same place every time, regardless of whether the engine is running or not.

I'm wondering if the mechanism to determine if the engine is running is faulty seeing as it stops in the same spot regardless.

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
Thanks John, but it's not the pins.
Maybe a previous owner made some sort of change to the system or there is a fault somewhere.
Rog

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
This is one of those annoying threads where people know they could help if it wasn't for bloomin Covid.

If you had been able to come to one of what were regular meetups before lockdown, there are many handy funsters who have a mine of information on everything motorhome.

andy63 do you have any suggestions please?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
@andy63 do you have any suggestions please?
Dont know the van in question at all joy ..
I've read the posts..if it was mine I'd be looking to access the motor and I assume a basic processor /controller...which i assume it must have..
Bit like the electric beds..
Usually they have a procedure for resetting the controller so it knows where it is..
If there is an engine run signal involved to stop further deployment see if that is somehow permanently on..
Just best guesses.. bit like what I'm up to myself atm lol... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
20200930_122339.jpg

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Its a pretty common fault on Euramobil's of that style/age, to get to the motors you will need to remove the front ceiling trim when the bed is dropped down we removed ours rather than the cost of repair. Try the owners groups on FB a lot of good knowledge there.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’ve not done this but my thoughts are that you need to open to when it stops then switch power off to it and somehow wind it down to the correct position.
Then you should be able to open it fully and try to lower again it should then go completely down.
We have a Hymer with roller and I believe there is a manual over ride that you can wind it up or down with.😊

OP
OP
nigelivy
Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
Hey folks!

Update on this. I landed up figuring out the blind and re-programming it to close fully. Thanks for the suggestions you all had. In the end, it was a case of opening everything up to see what was what and I actually landed up taking it out completely, getting it onto my workbench and figuring it out there.

I must say that I am extremely disappointed with Euramobil and their support. I contacted them asking two VERY simple questions:
1) Did this van have an electric blind fitted when it left them?
2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, is it possible to program when it stops, etc..?

In my opinion, both of those very simple questions should have been very easy for them to answer and a very basic service that they should offer in support of their product. They basically just fobbed me off saying I must take it to a local dealer and when I challenged them saying that I wasn't asking how to fix it or even for a manual, that I just wanted a bit of info on whether this blind was fitted by them before leaving their factory and if not, I could assume it was a third party blind fitted by the previous owner. I don't think I was unreasonable in my questions but got the feeling that Euramobil doesn't care and that in future I'll have to rely on communities like this forum for support/advice. Anyway, mini-rant over.
Thankfully my Dad is very handy with mechanics and auto electrics and had a motorhome for the best part of 15 years, so I've learned a lot from him over the years and he was invaluable in giving me steer on what to look at, how to try to figure it out, etc..

I took the curtain down around the bed, opened up the trim and removed as much as I could to get access to the blind. I tried to figure it out in situ, but in the end, actually took it out to my workshop to look at and figure out properly. I took a battery out of my Land Cruiser and figured out that it has 4 wires going into the electric motor:
1) signal to raise blind
2) signal to lower blind
3) ground/earth
4) positive 12v feed from the battery

I then figured out that it had little adjusters on the side that you can change with a 4mm Allen key and it adjusts where the fully open and closed positions were. It was frustrating figuring out it was a lot simpler than I initially thought, but with no support from Euramobil, it was valuable to take it out to figure everything out. I needed to do some repairs on the wiring for the blind that were damaged in getting it out. It was a challenge to get out due to access around the bed frame and I quickly learned it's a two-man/woman job. The blind itself is surprisingly heavy and when it comes to adjusting the programming, you need someone to push the button for you while you watch/adjust it in situ.

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg
IMG_3018.jpg
IMG_3019.jpg
IMG_3020.jpg
IMG_3026.jpg
IMG_3027.jpg
IMG_3028.jpg

Things that I learned in this process:
1) I did not enjoy my interaction with Euramobil over such a trivial thing and would be hesitant to ever be in contact with them in the future.
2) My van does not have an automatic stop when the engine is running. My blind just goes up and down all the way. The "safety stop" for when you're driving are mechanical pins you can twist on the slider that will stop the blind closing while you're driving.
3) I can adjust my blind fairly easily in situ, so in future, if I need to adjust, I can take the curtain and trim off and adjust it without removing it.

I thought I'd update everyone on how I got on. Thanks again for your help and advice! :)

Video of us checking the programming
Video of the blind working with everything done!

coventrydave

Free Member
Jan 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 810
Exp
Since 2017
Hey folks!

Update on this. I landed up figuring out the blind and re-programming it to close fully. Thanks for the suggestions you all had. In the end, it was a case of opening everything up to see what was what and I actually landed up taking it out completely, getting it onto my workbench and figuring it out there.

I must say that I am extremely disappointed with Euramobil and their support. I contacted them asking two VERY simple questions:
1) Did this van have an electric blind fitted when it left them?
2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, is it possible to program when it stops, etc..?

In my opinion, both of those very simple questions should have been very easy for them to answer and a very basic service that they should offer in support of their product. They basically just fobbed me off saying I must take it to a local dealer and when I challenged them saying that I wasn't asking how to fix it or even for a manual, that I just wanted a bit of info on whether this blind was fitted by them before leaving their factory and if not, I could assume it was a third party blind fitted by the previous owner. I don't think I was unreasonable in my questions but got the feeling that Euramobil doesn't care and that in future I'll have to rely on communities like this forum for support/advice. Anyway, mini-rant over.
Thankfully my Dad is very handy with mechanics and auto electrics and had a motorhome for the best part of 15 years, so I've learned a lot from him over the years and he was invaluable in giving me steer on what to look at, how to try to figure it out, etc..

I took the curtain down around the bed, opened up the trim and removed as much as I could to get access to the blind. I tried to figure it out in situ, but in the end, actually took it out to my workshop to look at and figure out properly. I took a battery out of my Land Cruiser and figured out that it has 4 wires going into the electric motor:
1) signal to raise blind
2) signal to lower blind
3) ground/earth
4) positive 12v feed from the battery

I then figured out that it had little adjusters on the side that you can change with a 4mm Allen key and it adjusts where the fully open and closed positions were. It was frustrating figuring out it was a lot simpler than I initially thought, but with no support from Euramobil, it was valuable to take it out to figure everything out. I needed to do some repairs on the wiring for the blind that were damaged in getting it out. It was a challenge to get out due to access around the bed frame and I quickly learned it's a two-man/woman job. The blind itself is surprisingly heavy and when it comes to adjusting the programming, you need someone to push the button for you while you watch/adjust it in situ.

View attachment 433037
View attachment 433038View attachment 433039View attachment 433040View attachment 433041View attachment 433042View attachment 433043View attachment 433044

Things that I learned in this process:
1) I did not enjoy my interaction with Euramobil over such a trivial thing and would be hesitant to ever be in contact with them in the future.
2) My van does not have an automatic stop when the engine is running. My blind just goes up and down all the way. The "safety stop" for when you're driving are mechanical pins you can twist on the slider that will stop the blind closing while you're driving.
3) I can adjust my blind fairly easily in situ, so in future, if I need to adjust, I can take the curtain and trim off and adjust it without removing it.

I thought I'd update everyone on how I got on. Thanks again for your help and advice! :)

Video of us checking the programming
Video of the blind working with everything done!
Hi
I've just read your article
I wonder if you can offer me some advice we have a euromobil 810
Just arrived onsite and have put the roller blind down but now just wont go up can I manually get it to go back up
Regards
Dave

OP
OP
nigelivy
Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
Hi
I've just read your article
I wonder if you can offer me some advice we have a euromobil 810
Just arrived onsite and have put the roller blind down but now just wont go up can I manually get it to go back up
Regards
Dave
Hi Dave, sorry for the delay. I've just seen your response here.

Did you get your roller blind sorted OK? My blind is under a bunch of trim and covers, so I cant get to any of the mechanism without dismantling a fair amount of the front trim.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back