Hawick. Just what we want (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Never been here before but heard about the camper parking.
thought we would give it a try.
Free parking all day near town and no overnight charge
Very welcoming local officials came over to give us a local guide and check everything was ok

I thought I’d died and gone to FLT heaven. My mind was blown :Grin:

work is nearing completion on flood defences and they are also looking at proper Motorhome toilet waste facilities to compliment the toilets at the car park.
The town deserves praise for being forward thinking. They seem to realise we will now spend in the town.
We can highly recommend this for an overnight or two stop. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Very welcoming local officials came over to give us a local guide and check everything was ok

work is nearing completion on flood defences and they are also looking at proper Motorhome toilet waste facilities to compliment the toilets at the car park.
The town deserves praise for being forward thinking. They seem to realise we will now spend in the town.
We can highly recommend this for an overnight or two stop. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
And you have one of our very own funsters yo thank for the facilities and welcome that Hawick gives motorhomers (y)
irnbru sandra has put a lot of time and effort into trying to get such facilities at Hawick and millport...
Pleased you enjoyed it..
Andy..

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No

Good facilities and the new installations will make it much better, being at the top end of the car park. Local Council's approach is admirable and deserves motothomer support. irnbru organised a gathering for some 25 m/homes 2 months ago and has all the info!

Steve & Elaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
And you have one of our very own funsters yo thank for the facilities and welcome that Hawick gives motorhomers (y)
irnbru sandra has put a lot of time and effort into trying to get such facilities at Hawick and millport...
Pleased you enjoyed it..
Andy..
Ho you! Stoap bummin her up! We'll never hear the end of it!

But, yes, Sandra did a power of work on these!;)(y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Marjorie rang me the other day about Hawick. Yes the motorhome area is looking great, just got the fence to come down once the lines are painted. The elsan point will be front page news in the local rag on Fri...for all the wrong reasons. I've sent a photo of the waste disposal at Girvan and hope SBC installs one of those temporarily.

We are having a meet back at Hawick over the NY period, and even better we have a private room FOC for hogmanay. (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

Theres a water taper at the wall next to pedestrian lights incase you havent noticed it.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
You can also officially overnight at Peebles Swimming Pool Car Park currently
No facility's though
Temporary for this summer but hopefully it will be made a long term option

Local Paper Headlines?

'Peebles Council Go To Great Lengths' ... :oops:

Steve

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
If the DVLA ever get their finger out and actually register my m.h.
I would like to tour Scotland around September time. Hawick sounds a great overnight stop. Although I can find Hawick on the map, could someone please give information about the actual overnight stop itself, and some directions to it. Also any recommendations for sites in Scotland ? At this moment not decided on a particular area, so sites in general would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If the DVLA ever get their finger out and actually register my m.h.
I would like to tour Scotland around September time. Hawick sounds a great overnight stop. Although I can find Hawick on the map, could someone please give information about the actual overnight stop itself, and some directions to it. Also any recommendations for sites in Scotland ? At this moment not decided on a particular area, so sites in general would be gratefully received. Many thanks.
The entrance is in Victoria Rd, parking to the far right of car park. You are best to look at it on google maps as directions will vary depending your route. Commercial rd may still be closed so maybe best to go through town then right at roundabout, over the bridge, fork left and turn left at iceland.

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
The entrance is in Victoria Rd, parking to the far right of car park. You are best to look at it on google maps as directions will vary depending your route. Commercial rd may still be closed so maybe best to go through town then right at roundabout, over the bridge, fork left and turn left at iceland.
Yes atm you have to go through the town.
4vans here tonight loads of room and quiet

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I noticed the water tap; you commented on how often I visited it with my wee 5 litre container ... :LOL:

Steve
You must have worn out the tarmac you were back n forth with that little container. At least it gave you plenty exercise 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back