Has this LPG campaign been shared already? (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Save LPG pumps

Screenshot_20240114-222726.png

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The provision of LPG pumps is a commercial decision for 100s (1000s?) of private enterprises.

It’s difficult to see how any such campaign could influence those businesses.

Do you have a link to the specific wording for the campaign?

Ian

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The provision of LPG pumps is a commercial decision

Exactly that. If forecourts want to swap out gas pumps for additional Diesel pumps or Electric chargers, they will. No petition will change that.

At best it might show the current demand, but even then, the garages are best placed to know the demand already, and it will be the lack of demand that made them dump them in the first place.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's an inconvenience for those of us that just use LPG for habitation, but in the weeks needed between fill ups we will always find a place to fill.

But for those who need autogas to get about must be suffering. There are a lot of LPG converted RVs out there having to stick petrol in their tanks and getting 7 miles to the gallon. That's no fun. :oops:

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
I agree with the comments above, but government could provide incentives for these companies to keep LPG pumps through grants / tax relief etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I agree with the comments above, but government could provide incentives for these companies to keep LPG pumps through grants / tax relief etc.
It was the government that made everyone move over to Diesel and effectively wiped out LPG vehicles in a single stroke.
There aren’t enough LPG vehicles on the road to make it profitable to sell .
We predominantly sell to the leisure market but it’s tiny volumes and not at all profitable, we have to charge a higher price especially being attended service.
I keep threatening to go £10.00 minimum sale and might even go cash only .

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I signed but i am sure it won't matter, I drove to 3 LPG stations near me on Saturday and each one was out of order so wasted a 50mile round trip. It's easier in Europe but even they are reducing the number of filling stations as we noticed this last month whilst travelling our usual route through Spain to the south coast.
Can't see anything changing it to be honest and eventually the ones that do survive are then going to be really busy being the only ones left.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Are they really closing? Seems to be plenty on the app
No the bulk of the closures was a few years ago now , BP pulled out of LPG in around 2015 / 16 followed by Shell who were in partnership with Calor as a company called Autogas which removed the last of their remaining pumps in 2021.
Numbers seem to be pretty stable now with a few stations starting to appear at Leisure businesses.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I signed but i am sure it won't matter, I drove to 3 LPG stations near me on Saturday and each one was out of order so wasted a 50mile round trip. It's easier in Europe but even they are reducing the number of filling stations as we noticed this last month whilst travelling our usual route through Spain to the south coast.
Can't see anything changing it to be honest and eventually the ones that do survive are then going to be really busy being the only ones left.
We’ve lost the LPG pumps local to us. Which local to you LPG stations do you use? There is one near Andover/Ludgershall which has worked when we’ve been there. Depending on urgency of need and direction of travel, there’s a garage just outside Wantage (at Grove I think) we also use.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We’ve lost the LPG pumps local to us. Which local to you LPG stations do you use? There is one near Andover/Ludgershall which has worked when we’ve been there. Depending on urgency of need and direction of travel, there’s a garage just outside Wantage (at Grove I think) we also use.
East Bound and West Bound M3 Fleet services just before Junction 4a as well as Cove Fuel station off Junction 4a all out of order on Saturday and Sunday

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
It would be useful if campsites or camp shops were to offer LPG in a corner of the carpark or site, I'm sure it would boost their profits.
Unless they are selling thousands of litres a week it’s more likely to cost them money 🤬😂

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Look up your local Flogas depot too - lucky that Peterborough has a pump. But not open weekends or after 4pm approx.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The tax on LPG is already much lower than other road fuels and still it is falling out of favour. How much more of our money do you expect the Government to throw at it? If there is any to money to spare I can think of many more deserving causes than the convenience of a few of us leisure users.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back