Has the Intelsat 907 codes been changed? (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Just asking as I tried to tune to it yesterday and it came up as Scrambled signal,haven't saw that before,usually says No signal.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Just asking as I tried to tune to it yesterday and it came up as Scrambled signal,haven't saw that before,usually says No signal.
Just checked mine and all stations Radio and TV coming through well. May be worth downloading the encryption patch again and re installing it. It is the same patch on both my systems that I have had for three years or so. Best of luck.
Steve

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the replies,just tuned in again and think I was on a dead channel,all good now.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yes it’s been mentioned on another thread it will be de commissioned in around 8 months time.

No point in me making any effort to get it. I wonder what happens next with new satellite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Yes it’s been mentioned on another thread it will be de commissioned in around 8 months time.
Can you link to this other thread please....?

As although I907 will be decommissioned (whenever that will be as it is already well past is mission leftspan, but they have manayed sever power saving on it to make it last longer - although so far no public announcement about if / when it will be replaced) , it will be replaced, simply as it carries a lot of other services.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks, although that does not say anything concrete about launches... in fact Intelsats own site only has one launch scheduled so far for 2019.. http://www.intelsat.com/global-network/satellites/launch-schedule/
But worth noting Intelsat are using MEVs, Mission Extension Vehicles, next year to launch to various satellites to top them up with fuel...I901 is the first early next year, and was launched 2 years before 907, so maybe I907 will not be replaced, but simply topped up...

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
so maybe I907 will not be replaced, but simply topped up...
That could be interesting, thanks for that Sean. Interesting speculating how an unmanned spacecraft can find the Fuel Filler Cap of a satellite that presumably was launched before this device was thought about. Presumably a much cheaper solution than scrapping a megabucks satellite that just needs a bit more juice.
Steve

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ta, too technical for me, it’s gone way over my head.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Just did a search for "Mission Extension Vehicles" and it seems that rather than finding the filler cap, it grabs hold of the satellite running out of fuel and takes over the Geo Stationary positioning duties only. If the satellite was built without a docking device then it will grab hold of the now redundant rocket cowl. Very clever.
Steve

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
That could be interesting, thanks for that Sean. Interesting speculating how an unmanned spacecraft can find the Fuel Filler Cap of a satellite that presumably was launched before this device was thought about. Presumably a much cheaper solution than scrapping a megabucks satellite that just needs a bit more juice.
Steve
Who is sean? Not me...I am Jon!

Anyway, not speculation, but reality...it does not refuel the satellites, but basically become another engine...taking over from the old spent engine... cleaver thinking really...

https://spacenews.com/why-intelsats-going-with-life-extension-over-refueling/

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back